cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard Sharing Defaults Access Level won't let me select anyone as 'editor'.

Jemma1
Listener

Hi all,

I am the only one user of this account and when I go down to admin > account management > account settings > whiteboard > whiteboard sharing default and choose 'who has access' as 'anyone' and then go to choose 'access level'... it does not allow me to click 'editor'. ('commenter' and 'editor' are greyed out and not able to be selected).

I want anyone on the zoom to be able to be an editor on any whiteboard and this is just not letting me do that! I have tried everything!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.  Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

alalicja
Listener

Bumping the question. I tried everything, too. I need everyone who is in the meeting to be able to edit the whiteboard I'm sharing, without me having to invite them.

Anyone?

I have the same problem

liv3
Listener

I have the same problem. any chance of a solution Zoom?????

DrPyrate
Listener

Right there with you. Hey admins - Pay attention. This is well over a month old. 

Abster
Listener

Ugh I'm having the exact same problem! Please someone from Zoom tell us!

Cordelia13
Listener

Having the same problem and still no answer from zoom. 

DrPyrate
Listener

Who else is tired of this unacceptable behavior?

The best way for us to get resolution is to blast social media calling them out for horrible customer service. Tag them. You might include #customerservicefail You can include the link to or the topic of this thread.

Palmer
Participant | Zoom Employee

@Jemma1 @alalicja @Ernst001 @liv3 @DrPyrate @Abster @Cordelia13 - Sorry for the late reply.  We do not currently support creating an editable link for any Zoom user like you are describing, however we are actively working to add this functionality within the next couple months.

Please feel free to @mention me directly with any other issues or feedback!

JayZooms
Listener

From my testing, once you select 'who has access' as 'anyone' then it does not matter what you choose for 'access level', especially since (as you've seen) the only option is the lowest access level. Everyone who joins the meeting is an Editor of the whiteboard even though you have not (and cannot) select Commentor or Editor.

The reply from @Palmer about not creating links appears to not apply to your (or my) question. We do not want to share links, we want to have multiple people in a zoom meeting, create a whiteboard, and have everyone automatically be able to edit that whiteboard.

Just another case of confusing UI.

Palmer

@JayZooms Do the following steps solve your issue? https://community.zoom.com/t5/Whiteboard/How-to-enable-in-meeting-collaboration-on-whiteboards/td-p/...

There was an issue a while back where the default setting for Zoom Pro accounts was set to "internal collaboration only" which impacted who can collaborate in and out of a meeting. By adjusting this toggle to "allow sharing  with users in the same organization and outside your organization" it will re-enable users to edit whiteboards created or opened in a meeting.

I also fully understand how confusing it is that we have sharing defaults under the cloud settings, and the wording is confusing.

Palmer_0-1712259710486.png

We are going to overhaul the settings & language in the next release to make this a lot simpler.