cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Chat Download

jgallo
Listener

Why does Zoom Chat Download into notepad? Is there a way to download into excel. I'm an event planner that provides chat logs to clients but it's SO TIME CONSUMING to reformat from notepad to excel. Help!

3 REPLIES 3

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee

TXT is more universal, so targeting Excel isn't the best option, but here is a solution for you.

Know where your Zoom meeting chats are stored:  In the Zoom client, go to Settings (under profile pic), Recording, there is the the location that stores your TXT files.  Navigate to that folder and use "Open with" and choose Excel.  I have tested and it opens up in a decently formatted conversation.  I've used Windows.  I know it's similar on MAC.  Try it out.

catRF
Listener

Hope you can help.  I can't seem to find a Chat from a meeting...I have looked in Local Recordings but nothing there...I thought it would save automatically but perhaps not.  Is there a way to retrieve content?

Hamilton-Zoomie

@catRF  If you did not save the chat during the meeting (if the host allowed) and the host does not share with you, then you would not be able to retrieve under normal, historical use of Zoom.
However, we have recently released "Continuous Meeting Chat" which if this feature is enabled will create a channel for each meeting and come into the Zoom client view once one person sends a message.  The host of the meeting needs to have this feature enabled.  You can then chat before, during, after a mtg and have access to all that content.  Nuance!.... There is the concept of member and guest so people have permissions to access this channel as a member, but if you're a guest, you only get to chat during the meeting.  After the meeting ends, the host can add guests to become members.
Admins enabling the feature:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/12139694269965-Enabling-continuous-meeting-chat
Users using the feature:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/9862812136205-Creating-and-using-continuous-meeting-chat