cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Chat Management

gracelancer
Listener

Hi everyone, I'm trying to start a group team chat for a new group coaching programme. Something akin to WhatsApp or Slack.

In order to add members to a team chat, you have to add them as individuals first to your Zoom contact list, which I've done. I'm now trying to 'add member' to the team chat but these people are not showing up in the list for me to add them into the team chat.

Please could someone advise what I'm doing wrong. Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @gracelancer.

I can't really tell if you did anything wrong... but had you looked through the steps of How to add an external contact in this Zoom Support article?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360056768612-Getting-started-with-Zoom-Team-Chat

If you've followed those recommendations and still are unsuccessful, please grab a screen shot of any error message (please redact anyone's personal info) and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello gracelancer,

This is likely a setting that you need to enable when creating or editing the channel.  So, you have already added them as a contact- good.  Now, when you create the channel you can add members, but there is an "Advanced" options underneath the members box... expand that option.  The default option is Internal members only.  Change that to allow external members into that channel.  Set your permissions on who can add external members, who can post messages and other features in the Advanced menu. 
Now, go back to the members box to add the external members.  
Hope this was your solution.