cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into Zoom app on Iphone - Network Error

Egrimm
Listener

Good Morning, 

I downloaded the Zoom Application on my Iphone and when trying to log in, I am unable to:

1. If I just put in my user name and password = "Cannot sign in, please check your network connection"

2. Sign In with SSO and enter my company domain = Takes me to browser and "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found. 

3. Sign in with SSO and state that "I don't know my company domain" and enter my credentials = I receive the Network Error Message "Network Error. Please try again later."

I have co-workers that have the app on their phones and are able to log in fine. I am guessing it is something in settings, but I do not know where to look.  Any thoughts?

10 REPLIES 10

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi Egrimm,

If this is a personal iPhone and not one that is company controlled, I would start with resetting your network settings. This will erase all currently save WiFi networks and reset your cellular connection. Sometimes this is required when an iPhone starts acting strangely ie not opening web pages or sending texts. To do this go to Settings >>General>>Transfer or Reset iPhone>>Reset>>Reset Network Settings.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Hi ChrisO, 

I am having the same issue as Egrimm did. I've tried deleting the Zoom app from my phone, making sure the version is up-to-date, and tried resetting the network settings as you suggested above. I still get an error message that states "cannot sign in, please check your network connection."  I've tried being on wi-fi, I've tried using cellular data, I've tried signing in via email address, via SSO, and even via my other Gmail-related Zoom account (vs. my main work-related account). Nothing helps. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

I have had this same issue for a while now too. All other apps working just fine; it is only zoom that won't allow me to sign in. 

HBennett
Listener

Ok, I got it working. It looks like I had to open Zoom on my laptop, which prompted it to allow sign on and access through my phone that was nearby. Not sure why that was a requirement since you are never near your laptop when you need to use Zoom on your phone!

alang1
Listener

I'm having exactly the same issue on my iPad. Opening zoom on my laptop nearby didn't solve it. I'd rather not erase all my saved wifi networks since no other app is having an issue.

renatodomis
Listener

Same issue here, for months in a row. Even switched iPhone error was persisting. Current suggestions on this topic didn't fix. It just seems it can't connect on Internet.

downtowndj
Listener

I CANNOT login on iOS 17.0.3 but CAN login on my Macbook Pro. What's the deal zoom??

JoeDotBiscuits
Listener

Same thing for me. iOS 17 zoom can't login. Windows 10 can login no problem

kdavison
Listener

I recently switched to a new iPhone 12 Pro and am now having this exact same problem. Everything was fine on my previous iPhone SE 2020. I cannot login at all - either to my professional account or my personal account, so it's not an SSO issue. Like alang1 I would prefer not to reset all my network settings and lose all my passwords for other things - I just spent weeks setting up the new phone! Hey Zoom, what is the deal? How can this be fixed? 

kaspercools
Listener

I have the exact same issue. iOS version 17.3.1.