cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms - Support for Windows Server OS

pangomi
Listener

Hello,
I'm using Zoom Rooms to capture video calls from virtual guests via NDI for my video productions. I really like the feature, easy for clients and myself.
To improve quality and stability, I'm considering moving this setup to the cloud.
When I tried to install Zoom Rooms on Windows Server 2022 on EC2, the software didn't launch properly, although the regular Zoom Meeting client worked perfectly. Zoom Rooms worked on Mac OS in the cloud, but running Mac OS in the AWS cloud is quite expensive.
Is there anything I can do, or if Zoom doesn't support Windows Server OS for Zoom Rooms, is it possible to add support in the future?

Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AndyCarluccio
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Try installing the Wireless LAN service on your Windows Server instance. Then, see if Zoom Rooms will launch.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Agreed that this is frustrating, but as use of ZR on a remote server is such a niche use case, I don't expect the dev team to have this on their road-map - feel free to submit a feature request directly to Zoom support.

Any reason you can't spin up a vanilla Win10/11 instance on EC2?

In the best possible scenario, Zoom enables NDI output on accounts without the need for an intermediary Zoom Room - this is currently possible using Liminal's ZoomISO (now owned by Zoom), but this application is - regrettably - MacOS only. https://www.liminalet.com/zoomiso

AndyCarluccio
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Try installing the Wireless LAN service on your Windows Server instance. Then, see if Zoom Rooms will launch.

bstrelko

@pangomi were you able to test this out? 

@bstrelko Sorry for the delay - yes it worked like magic! Running on a medium instance and very stable. I'm still testing with NDI, but at least the zoom rooms is working now. Thanks for the solution!

bstrelko

SO curious...