cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Zoom Rooms on Mac

RoseAnn
Listener

I don't know how I got Zoom Rooms and don't really need them. Every time I log into my iMac, Zoom Rooms is asking me to pair it with something an app or something like that. Again, I don't need them. 

How do I get this off of my iMac? I do not want to have to delete my account and start all over again. Is there an easy way to delete this and stop it from letting me go about my business without waiting until the code appears? 

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

8 REPLIES 8

ReedatZoom
Listener

@RoseAnn Happy to help. 

If you have a mouse connected to the Mac you should see an exit button near the bottom left corner. This will allow you to exit the Zoom Rooms app. Once you have exited the app you can then choose to uninstall it as you would any other app on your Mac.  Please let me know if that does not help. Thanks!

Declan_Moon
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hey Rose!

I'd be happy to help you out with this!

When your iMac opens Zoom Rooms, if you move your mouse you will see a red 'Exit' button in the bottom-left-hand corner of your screen, Click that and it should take you back to your desktop view. To then remove Zoom Rooms from your mac, head to 'Finder' which you will see on your dock, or you can find by searching for finder on your mac. 

Once Finder is open, navigate to 'Applications' on the left-hand-side of finder, then within Applications scroll down until you locate Zoom Rooms. Right click the application, then select "move to bin". This will remove Zoom rooms from your mac, but your Zoom account will remain un-affected. 

Should you wish to download Zoom Rooms or the meetings client again, you can do so using the Zoom Download Center

This does not work. Uninstalling it does not work. I have used uninstall software from Clean My Mac to uninstall this and everytime I restart my computer it is there again. this is predatory. How can we delete this software? 

1. Open setting (Apple logo)

2. click About this Mac

3. Click more info

4.  click storage setting under storage 

5. click Application

Zoom Room should be in that list of apps you have downloaded. Just select Zoom Romm and deleted from there. 

I have tried this solution. I will let you know if it works for me. 

I am usually in my iMac once a week. So it will be next week that I will see if this solution worked. 

dgordon8915
Listener

None of this works. This is so frustrating!!!!

Mario61
Listener
  • I would say it is so frustrating! It seems that Zoom Rooms took control of my Mac. It is running every minute again and again. Exit button doesn’t appear and I force quit but stats again. I try to delete the apps but cannot be marked. The apps is so abusing on me as client.