cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crestron Controllers/Schedulers not connecting to ZDM

ZoomMeister
Listener

As I am updating hardware across our Zoom rooms, i am noticing its hit or miss with Crestron devices connecting to ZDM. I can have a site where 8 out of 10 connect, with the remaining 2 not connecting. This after updating firmware and rebooting. I just finished a site with 26 schedulers and non will connect. And the site has a controller that previously connected to ZDM. Crestron really did not have an answer for me. 

11 REPLIES 11

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Can you provide the following info?

-Model(s) of Crestron controllers/schedulers affected

-Firmware versions of the affected models

-Zoom App versions of the affected models

-Are there other instances of the same models onsite that are working (Y/N)?

-If Yes to the above, are they running identical fw and app versions?

-Network connectivity (MUST be on the same subnet as your room's compute device, which MUST be already connected/registered to Zoom **if the room is not zoned as 'Scheduling Display Only'**) confirmed? Internet connectivity alone is not sufficient.

-Are you able to sign out of the ZRC application and then sign back in?

These answers will help to inform next steps.

Model
TSS-770
Firmware Version
Zoom App Version
5.16.0 (2273)
There are instances of same models onsite that are working
Ip address on same vlan 
I have done factory restores and even signed out and back in, still no luck

bstrelko

Are these for 'Zoom Rooms for Shared Spaces' or 'Scheduling Display Only' rooms in ZDM? Basically, is a compute device (Crestron UC-ENGINE or other) used in these spaces, is the compute device already connected to ZDM / assigned to a room, and is the scheduler on the same VLAN as the compute device?

Also, can you send a snapshot of the error you're receiving?

These mostly are scheduling display only devices with a few assigned to a Zoom room. devices are all on our a/v VLAN including Zoom room pc's. I don't receive and "error" per say, just that they will not connect to ZDM. Here is what is reported in the Zoom portal. "Connected to ZDM: Disconnected"

bstrelko

So are the devices themselves showing the ZRC scheduling interface, you're just not seeing the ZDM connection in the portal?

If so, this is most likely ZDM being ZDM (unreliable, and not an accurate source of truth). We see this from time to time with Android ZRC devices (including Crestron xx70 series) - might just need an hour or so and a reboot or three to sync to ZDM.

If not, please send a snapshot of what you see on the panels themselves.

Correct, the displays look exactly the same with the ZRC Scheduling interface. i have rebooted one of the devices 4 times now and it still wont connect. 

bstrelko

Copy that. I'm sure Crestron will suggest a factory reset before anything else (womp).

Release notes from 2.004.1041 do mention Corrected issue where certain panels would not register to ZDM. Just want to triple check your fw version.

Seems like something Crestron may need to keep working on.

Craig84
Listener

Hey, did you ever get any info on this? Having the same issue. Crestron schedulers fell off ZDM, assuming during a firmware update. All functioning fine and on 5.14.5 which is good thru Feb 3rd with the minimum zoom version, but I'll need to update soon. Thanks for the info!

Model
TSS-7
Firmware Version

ZoomMeister
Listener

Updating to the latest firmware fixed most of the issues with this. I would do this first. We also had issues with PCs not connecting to ZDM. Here was a note from Zoom support about that:

From the packet capture, there is issue with TCP connection.

Your network did not responded for AcK for server hello packet and after 15 sec, TCP connection is reset.

On a few occasions, i had to reboot the schedulers after updating their firmware and it would make the connection to ZDM. Hope that helps.

Thanks for replying. I actually found that it looks like the TSS-7s will no longer be supported by zoom. Looking to see if anything has changed since this update. https://community.crestron.com/s/article/id-1001819