cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Connection to Chromebooks

JessC
Listener

I am a virtual teacher who has essentially been unable to effectively deliver instruction after the latest update. 

Here are the issues:
1) constant freezing
2) unstable connections 
3) chat replicates messages up to 60x
4) black screen when sharing document camera
5) lags when screen sharing video
6) audio constantly cuts out

Troubleshooting Attempts
1) Reinstall and update Zoom on all devices
2) Update operating software on all devices
3) Reset laptops to factory settings
4) clear caches and history 
5) log into Zoom from my personal home internet with students 
6) Reset students' home internet

Nothing has worked, and it has been 5 days. I use MacBook Pro 2020 and the students use the latest HP Chromebooks.
5 REPLIES 5

Jeff864
Listener

I am having the same problems.  Zoom on a Chromebook has turned to junk since that Zoom Workplace update.  The Zoom Chrome app does not even load.  Zoom support is silent on the issue.  Very frustrating.  

Thank you for confirming that I’m not insane! It has been awful, but our tech department was able to get a hold of an agent on Friday. I’ll post if we get a resolution. 

Ascat18
Listener

I am also an online teacher and having the same problem over the last two weeks with my Chromebook. Have you managed to resolve this issue? My students can hear me clearly but when they speak, I don't hear anything for a long period then I can hear them but it is part way through a sentence. It is really affecting my lessons.

Not yet. Our district is still working with Zoom to find a solution. 

goodmarket
Listener

I'm having the same issue. I haven't been able to participate in any Zoom meetings since the release. Really hope they can get this resolved quickly.