cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom phone set up for just one line and two employees

UAFP2024
Listener

I feel like I am about to lose my mind! I am with a very small nonprofit, just two employees. We were with Grasshopper for the past 5 years and I loved it, but the boss wants to save money. So we ported the number and purchased one license and a metered plan. I just need to figure out how to receive calls on the mobile app and absolutely cannot figure it out. I feel like every video is targeted at larger organizations with multiple lines. I have spent the past three days searching forums and YouTube videos and I cannot seem to find out how to get the phone number to ring! I can at least make outgoing calls and receive voicemail, but I cannot receive incoming calls yet. Please help if you can!

5 REPLIES 5

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

PNMTDoug
Listener

I'm right with you. I thought this would be easier but has been a study in frustration. 

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi uafp2024,

when you call your zoom telephone number, do you hear ringing and then voice mail?

which mobile app are your using?  

are you making the outgoing calls with the mobile app?

is your auto receptionist set up to route incoming calls 7/24/365 to a particular user or some other option?

is the particular user the calls are routed to the same as the user that is signing in to the mobile app?

thanks,  eliot

PNMTDoug
Listener

Finally got everything set up. I figured it out. 

Eliot

great.

thanks,  eliot