cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom phone calls ring intermittently on iOS iPhone

FHMaurice
Listener

When I get a call most often I just get a notification instead of it ringing to my iPhone.  But sometimes it will ring and sometimes it will not and I'm not sure what is going on.  I don't have a physical phone since I am remote.  I'm set to available but I'm not sure what the problem is.  Just seeing if anyone has ever had this issue and what the possible causes me be and how to fix them.  Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi FHMaurice,

Try installing the latest apple ios 16.6 as of 7/27/2023.

Try installing latest zoom ios client July 24, 2023 version 5.15.5 (9303) from app store which fixed a different ringing problem.

Release notes for iOS – Zoom Support

Could be a network issue.  On your iphone, download from app store run a speed test such as speedtest by ookla.  Run the speedtest physically close to your wifi router which should give your best results in terms of download speed, upload speed, jitter and packet loss.  Also run the speedtest at your usual home locations such as living room, kitchen, etc. which will probably give lower speeds.  You can see if your iphone location affects receiving calls.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4405543184013-Frequently-asked-questions-about-Zoom-Phone

you can enable using mobile carrier data where you have limited wifi.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201299

you can switch a call to your phone carrier

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360054698331-Switching-a-call-to-your-phone-carrier

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Homeinstead549
Listener

None of the above help.

We have 3 users, none of us can pickup a call if our iphones are locked.

jswinney
Listener

All of our iPhone users are having the same issue. If the app is open, then it will ring. But if app is open in the background or closed, it will not ring and only get a notification.

Homeinstead549
Listener

Getting support on this is like pulling teeth. I think I may have to bail and move to 8x8. I've used them before and at least you can answer the calls from your phone. Ugh.

Zoom is close on voip phones in many ways. But their service and support sucks.

Please check iPhone->settings->notifications->notifications style=>zoom.  Make sure the “Allow Notifications” setting is on

rfein
Listener

We are struggling with this same issue. Is there possibly an iPhone ios incompatibility issue?

Eliot

hi rfein,

you might try uninstalling zoom ios app and reinstalling.  when prompted during the reinstallation, enable notifications, allow notifications and during first call, allow use of your iphone microphone.

Open the Settings app.

Tap General.

Tap iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.

Tap Zoom.

Tap Delete App.

When prompted with Deleting "Zoom" will also delete all of its documents and data. This action can't be undone, tap Delete App.

Once completed, reinstall Zoom on the iOS App Store.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

rfein
Listener

For some of our team, the "use separate audio..." checkbox has helped with missing calls. And for others, this message popped up when they checked it. Could this be a part of the issue?

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 12.12.18 PM.png