cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom hijacks the current monitor when a call comes in

ITMan318
Listener

We have just moved over from RingCentral and Zoom is working good but we have this annoying issue when you get a call, it freezes your screen so that you can deal with the call and in essence it "hijacks" the screen and it won't let you type into another program until you deal with the incoming call.  We have the latest version as of today.  The program is working but there needs to be some kind of Bring to Front but just the opposite, where the Zoom window won't take precedence over other windows.

Joe

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @ITMan318 

I know exactly what are you talking about; although the idea is calls don't get missed and that you don't have to "jump through hoops" switching to the Zoom App to answer the call, in certain situations it is a hassle and can/will interrupt what you are doing.

Zoom not too long ago released a new feature called "Zoom Assistant - Phone" (it is not new, but was added to help handling calls.

You can read about it, and how to activate it here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14098545961101-Using-Zoom-Assistant

There is no extra license needed, unless you are handling calls from a Call Queue. It has a lot of similarities of how the Zoom PowerPack Add-on license works.

View solution in original post

zach01
Listener

I think the next release, currently slated for 9/17/23, will resolve this. If you check the preview notes for Zoom Phone, its called "Incoming call focus" and will give you two options. Either "Block my current activity" or "Alert me but allow me to continue my current activity." Existing users will need to change this after the update, but new users will default to the alert but allow to continue option. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Vinnie

Hello @ITMan318 

I know exactly what are you talking about; although the idea is calls don't get missed and that you don't have to "jump through hoops" switching to the Zoom App to answer the call, in certain situations it is a hassle and can/will interrupt what you are doing.

Zoom not too long ago released a new feature called "Zoom Assistant - Phone" (it is not new, but was added to help handling calls.

You can read about it, and how to activate it here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14098545961101-Using-Zoom-Assistant

There is no extra license needed, unless you are handling calls from a Call Queue. It has a lot of similarities of how the Zoom PowerPack Add-on license works.

zach01
Listener

I think the next release, currently slated for 9/17/23, will resolve this. If you check the preview notes for Zoom Phone, its called "Incoming call focus" and will give you two options. Either "Block my current activity" or "Alert me but allow me to continue my current activity." Existing users will need to change this after the update, but new users will default to the alert but allow to continue option. 

ITMan318
Listener

thank you both for your input.  The assistant is working and its helpful and have this window up instead of my normal Zoom phone panel up.