cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom/Receptionist

RWolf
Listener

I started with a company that is moving from Teams calling to Zoom calling. As a receptionist I answer and transfer a number of calls every day. If I am typing an email, as soon as the Zoom call comes in, I can't finish what I'm typing. Often times, the calls are a hang-up. I want to transfer to the call I am currently on while another call comes in, I can't complete the transfer until the other call is answered. We are doing blind transfers which means, I can't tell if the person I am transferring someone to is on the phone. Handling and transferring calls is clumsy and inefficient.

3 REPLIES 3

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

You are using the windows desktop client?  Do you have a desk phone or would consider using one?

Do you have or have you heard of the power pack add on?  I use the power pack add on with desktop client on my Mac and just tested a call while typing to verify it did not change focus and interrupt what I was doing.

BrandonS

I should have included this: https://explore.zoom.us/media/zp_power-pack_whitepaper3.pdf

If you jump to page 12 it shows the desktop power pack add on so you can see what it is like.  I also shows you if a user is on the phone or busy before transferring.

MattS
Attendee

I agree with Brandon's suggestion to consider the power pack license. It's a bit expensive compared to a normal phone license, but for a heavy user like reception I think its well worth it.