cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Zoom Phone desktop user can not answer calls

Monyo
Listener

We have a user that uses both the desktop app and a desk phone. Whenever he try's to answer an incoming call on his desktop app, it moves the call under his Lines tab but doesn't pickup the call. On the other end of the call it will continue to ring until you get their voicemail message. everything works as it should on the desk phone, and even after disabling the desk phone in the Call Handling menu the same issue persists. 

7 REPLIES 7

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi monyo,

how are the zoom phone user settings configured, i.e. call handling and call handling ring mode?  are you using desktop app 5.17.2?  

on my setup, my desk phone rings first, next the desktop app.  when a call comes in, the desk phone rings first.  while the desk phone is ringing, i do not see the call on the desktop app.  once the desk phone stops ringing, i see the incoming call on the desktop app and can answer the call.

i have windows desktop app version 5.17.2.

Eliot_0-1704753272393.png

please see

Customizing call handling settings - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot, the user is on windows desktop app version 5.17.2, and is currently set up for devices to ring simultaneous. Both devices are showing the call and the desk phone is functioning fine, but the desktop app will not answer the calls when they click on answer it stops ringing on the computer but will continue on the desk phone. I tried to attach image's but I don't have permission to upload images.

Eliot

hi monyo,

i tested on my setup which includes zoom windows desktop client 5.17.2 and a poly vvx 450 6.4.5.1251.  in call handling, the desk phone is listed first, followed by the desktop app and mobile apps.

when i answer the incoming call on my desktop, my desk phone stops ringing and the line light turns red.

what is your order for devices in call handling?

what deskphone make and model are you using and what firmware?

thanks,  eliot

the user has a Yealink t57w, and there is no order for devices in call handling since it is set to ring simultaneous not Sequential. 

accidental comment idk how to remove it 

Eliot

hi monyo,

i switched from my poly vvx 450 to my yealink 54w 96.86.3.12.  both desktop client and yealink ring.  when i answer on the desktop client, the yealink stops ringing and the line turns red.

i think you need to set up call handling with desktop and yealink.

Eliot_1-1704811576179.png

thanks,  eliot

Monyo
Listener

I switched the call handling settings and the desktop app still wont answer, just stops the ringing on the computer and moves the call to the lines tab where it will continue to ring until your reach the voice mail.