cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sites should have separate internal contact lists

WhitneyCook
Listener

We are a nonprofit that serves multiple programs. Each program is completely unique from the others and do not need to interact. I'm splitting contacts into sites based on program. Is there a way to restrict Company Contacts to just those inside a user's site? It's not necessary for them to have the full list, and some individuals are more sensitive about how many people know their contact information.

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi whitneycook,

in addition to sites, you might want to consider sub-accounts.  there are plusses and minuses that you should discuss with your zoom account team.

Managing Zoom sub accounts

A sub account setup consists of separate accounts and agreements that a master account can easily manage. This requires multiple signed contracts and an owner for each sub account.

Using a sub account allows you to implement unique security standards within your organization (HIPAA/ BAA), as well as separate account ownership, billing, and branding. It also allows you to easily manage your subsidiary/sister companies under one umbrella and individually configure and manage integrations separately (LTI, Rest API, Zoom Rooms).

A sub account is mostly used in, but not limited to, the following industries:

Education

Finance

Technology

Healthcare

This article covers:

How to create a sub account

How to edit current plans

How to assign licenses from master account to sub account

How to disassociate a sub account

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8789157884173-Managing-Zoom-sub-accounts

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

WhitneyCook
Listener

I don't really understand the plusses and minuses. It just sounds like a more powerful but more complex version of sites. Why do companies choose not to do it after exploring the option? What is a common reason companies decide subaccounts are worth the extra setup? 

Other questions that come to mind:

• Does this affect our pricing?
  • Are there any limitations on what the Master Account can do in the subaccounts?
  • If a subaccount is disassociated, what's the process? Do all the users automatically move to a different payment method, or does that have to be handled separately?
  • What if I want a current user to become a subaccount admin?
  • What if I want to move current users to be under a subaccount?
  • Can I have some users under the main account?

Thanks in advance

Whitney

Eliot

hi whitney,

i do not know the answers to your excellent questions.  you should talk to your account team.

Some factors include billing.  i know some very large entities have demanding finance departments that want electronic billing for each of their subsidiaries, divisions, departments,  etc.  some want billing by funding source such as grants and others such as law firms want client call billing.

thanks,  eliot

WhitneyCook
Listener

What does "account team" mean? Is that someone in Zoom or do you mean someone in my organization? The how to you linked says "Account Executive", but I don't know who that is either.

Eliot

hi whitneycook,

by account team, i mean your zoom account executive, zoom customer success manager and zoom support engineer.  depending on the size of your zoom relationship, you may not have all of these.  you can also open a support ticket.  if you are not your company's zoom admin, you should contact your company's zoom admin.  

thanks,  eliot