cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you recommend Zoom Phone for our office?

fyariel
Listener

We want to replace our archaic traditional landlines with VoIP Zoom. Do you recommend zoom over Vonage or others? 8-10 users in a law office.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @fyariel hoping @Eliot or @Otourist's feedback on ZoomPhone can help determine next steps for your organization's use of Zoom Phone. Aside from negative or positive customer experiences, could you please explain why your organization decides to stop use of Zoom Phone, as well as any general feedback you have about Zoom Phone that you'd like to see improved? When contacting sales about Zoom Phone, we can address any questions or concerns you may have and provide the best setup for your organization. I hope this was helpful! Let us know if you have any other questions for the community!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Otourist
Listener

No, I wouldn't recommend. We've had problems ever since we made the switch with calls not connecting. Support was useless, compounded by the time difference meaning it took 24 hours to ask and receive an update. Despite inviting Zoom to call us so they could experience the problem for themselves, no one ever did. They keep blaming other things like our internet connection but I think that's just bluster. At the end of the day the phone system just doesn't work.

thanks for that reply. I think you are right. We are going to pass. 

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi fyariel,

in my humble opinion, both zoom and vonage are excellent providers of business phone services.

zoom phone definitely works.  there are about 7 million paid zoom phone seats and about 95 customers with 10,000 and over seats each. 

over a year ago, i helped along with zoom professional services implement zoom phone for a community bank with 400 users, over 30 branches and located in two states.  after more than one year, no complaints and bank is delighted.

because zoom and vonage use the internet to carry outgoing and incoming calls, network readiness is extremely important.  internet connection should be tested for packet loss, jitter, latency, download speed and upload speed.

i helped a small dental practice (5 users) to implement zoom phone.  the first thing i did was to test the practice's internet connection.  it was not good in terms of speed, packet loss, latency, and jitter.  the practice had its IT support company replace its ancient forewall and router and had its internet service provider increase the internet bandwidth in terms of both download speed and upload speed.  Tested again and results showed no packet loss, minimal jitter and acceptable latency.  once this was accomplished, it took about 30 minutes to set up zoom phone.  absolutely no issues for more than one year.

thanks, eliot

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @fyariel hoping @Eliot or @Otourist's feedback on ZoomPhone can help determine next steps for your organization's use of Zoom Phone. Aside from negative or positive customer experiences, could you please explain why your organization decides to stop use of Zoom Phone, as well as any general feedback you have about Zoom Phone that you'd like to see improved? When contacting sales about Zoom Phone, we can address any questions or concerns you may have and provide the best setup for your organization. I hope this was helpful! Let us know if you have any other questions for the community!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I think that having an available customer service and tech support department is very crucial when it comes to phone service for a business. I requested a callback so I can discuss the zoom phone with one of your reps. That was over 2 weeks ago. Still no call back. I don't think I would be able to put up with this nonsense. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Otourist welcome to the community! I was able to locate your ticket and apologize for the experience you had with our Zoom Support agent regarding what we determined to be the issue. We are determined to resolve your issue as we continue to gather information for your support case in order to resolve this and avoid any future hiccups when using Zoom Phone for your organization, as well as improve your experience. It appears that we were requesting a problem report from you to further investigate from our end; however, in order to make progress and pinpoint the issue, we would need those reports escalated for further investigation. We apologize for not being able to resolve this for you; please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

You closed my ticket because I hadn't replied in a certain timescale, however this was over the Christmas break when our office was closed. To raise the issue again I would have had to open a new ticket and it became too difficult to to even find the ticketing system on your website to bother. Bear in mind that the original ticket had been open since October, so nearly 3 months. I gave you numerous problem reports. The biggest problem was that the agent dealing with my case only ever read half the message. He must have had a problem looking further than the first 2 lines. I don't know how many times I had to repeat information. I still don't understand why someone didn't try calling so they could experience the issue for themselves which would have surely narrowed down the potential causes. I still get the same problem now. It even happened again this morning.

tlg113
Listener

Take a look before you pass on this.  I've been managing phone systems and contact centers for 20 years.  
We recently switched to Zoom and it was the smoothest conversion I have ever had. The end users love it, management of the system is easy.  I would say my only complaints are the lack of customization for the client, and it needs a little better integration from Phone to Contact center.  It would be nice if they had more options and let the end users be able to customize views and widgets  to make it easier for how they work.  Overall I would highly recoomend this system to anyone. 

I wish there was a consulting company that was not vested in either of these services that we could consult with.