cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop interruption

Mandykin
Listener

Is there a way to prevent the desktop dial pad from popping up when there is an incoming call and interrupting me when I'm working on other computer items? I've checked settings and cannot find one.

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi mandykin,

you can set your status to do not disturb for a selected period of time.

Eliot_0-1693010724083.pngDid my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello Mandykin.

There two ways I can think of: One is activating a DND temporarily while you need to work on something that requires your uninterrupted full attention, and you can activate that for 20 minutes, 1 hours, etc. or some custom time-range.

The other option is by using the Zoom Phone Assistant (you might like it better), which is less intrusive and still allows for interruptions, but you won't get the pop-up incoming call over whatever task you are working on at the moment.

Without disabling the Zoom App UI, it provides a simplified additional practical Zoom UI to quickly handle calls, and even 6 shortcuts for Speed Dials.

And it is very easy to Enabled/Disable right from the Zoom App.

Take a look here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14097371326989-Enabling-and-disabling-Zoom-Assistant

Give it a try...you might like it, and I think it does exactly what you are looking for.

Vinnie.

Vinnie

I didn't see your reply Eliot...I like it better with the screenshots and everything! I will try to follow your example on future replies.