cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Assign Ported Number to a Company Location

pheyblom
Listener

We've merged with another company, but are keeping the one phone number intact. I've recently ported the number to zoom and I want to create the ability to have our main number and the merged companies number with it's own extensions. I enabled multiple site and created a new site. When I try to assign the ported number the the new site, it doesn't allow me to accept the change (although it the new site shows it in the list). What am I missing or doing incorrectly here?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi pheyblom,

because zoom seems to have the status of your port as pending, you are limited in what you can do until the port completes.

since there is a difference with your understanding of the port status and zoom status, i suggest that you

check with the porting team to confirm that the port has actually taken place.

Eliot_0-1706715551380.png

based on you february 1, 2024 port date, your port should start on february 1, 2024 at 11:30 eastern time.  US and Canada ports start at 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday except holidays. 

When you request that a number be ported, you have the option to use a temporary number until the port is complete.

1. (Optional) Enter an existing phone number that will be replaced with the ported number when the porting process is complete. This allows you to use a temporary phone number during the porting process. 
    Note: Specifying an existing phone number will not use additional licenses.

Requesting a number port for US, Canada, or Puerto Rico - Zoom Support

here are a few porting articles that may be helpful.

Common issues and questions for porting - Zoom Support

Managing the main company number and caller ID - Zoom Support

Managing phone numbers - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Eliot

Hi pheyblom,

Just to be clear.

your main company number is assigned to the main auto receptionist.  Calls to your main company number will be routed by the main auto receptionist and its associated ivr.

the ported number is assigned to new site auto receptionist.  Calls to the ported number will be routed by the new site auto receptionist and its associated ivr.

Merged company extensions have been added to the new site.  Internal calls to and from the new site and main site should work.  If the merged company users have paid plans such as unlimited usa/Canada, they can make and receive outside calls.

What is not working as you want?

Here are a couple of support articles that may be helpful:

Managing multiple sites - Zoom Support

Managing auto receptionists - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

Thanks,

eliot

pheyblom
Listener

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for your response.

When I try to assign the ported number to the new site it doesn't do anything. I select the other site, but there's no step afterwards - see linked image. 

Is this due to specific location requirements under the company (Like public IP etc). I did add this and I'm able to select a sub menu, but then I receive an error "Validation failed, detailed information is [Phone number has incorrect status.]." Is simply because the ported number hasn't been release? In the image you can see it's still pending (but the port is completed). It's scheduled for Feb. 1st, but I wanted to get a head start to make sure it's all set up.

thanks,

Peter

Eliot

hi pheyblom,

because zoom seems to have the status of your port as pending, you are limited in what you can do until the port completes.

since there is a difference with your understanding of the port status and zoom status, i suggest that you

check with the porting team to confirm that the port has actually taken place.

Eliot_0-1706715551380.png

based on you february 1, 2024 port date, your port should start on february 1, 2024 at 11:30 eastern time.  US and Canada ports start at 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday except holidays. 

When you request that a number be ported, you have the option to use a temporary number until the port is complete.

1. (Optional) Enter an existing phone number that will be replaced with the ported number when the porting process is complete. This allows you to use a temporary phone number during the porting process. 
    Note: Specifying an existing phone number will not use additional licenses.

Requesting a number port for US, Canada, or Puerto Rico - Zoom Support

here are a few porting articles that may be helpful.

Common issues and questions for porting - Zoom Support

Managing the main company number and caller ID - Zoom Support

Managing phone numbers - Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

pheyblom
Listener

That was it. I tried the temp number and it worked. Just need to wait until the port takes place and swap numbers.

Thanks again,

Peter

Eliot

great.

let us know how the port goes tomorrow.

thanks,  eliot

pheyblom
Listener

Port went through and all is working. 

Thanks again