cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling in to check voicemail remotely

bdelmar
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I know a user can setup an IVR call in to their own DID to check their voicemails. Some users dont have DIDs.

Im looking to route 1 DID for all users to call into to check their voicemails. Is there a way to do that.

And yes I know they can get voicemail to email and use the mobile or desktop apps, some users are just old school and want to call in to check their voicemail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi bdelmar,

Settings:

1.  on your main auto receptionist, select 'Route to Interactive Voice Response (IVR)'.  this will give users the ability to call their extensions by entering their extension number.

2.  on the user's settings,  set the 'maximum wait time'.  default is 30 seconds.

3.  on the user's settings, set 'when a call is not answered' to 'forward to voicemail / videomail' and check 'allow callers to check voicemail by PIN Code', this will appear as option 2 on this check voicemail IVR Menu.

Use

1.   user calls in to main number.

2.  as soon as auto receptionist answers, user enters their extension number.

3.  user extension rings for maximum wait time and then forwards to user's voicemail.

4.  user takes hidden option 2 and enters user's PIN to check voicemail by PIN code.

5.  user takes option 1 to listen to user's voice mail.

please also see Zoom support article.

Checking voicemails over phone - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot

hi bdelmar,

Settings:

1.  on your main auto receptionist, select 'Route to Interactive Voice Response (IVR)'.  this will give users the ability to call their extensions by entering their extension number.

2.  on the user's settings,  set the 'maximum wait time'.  default is 30 seconds.

3.  on the user's settings, set 'when a call is not answered' to 'forward to voicemail / videomail' and check 'allow callers to check voicemail by PIN Code', this will appear as option 2 on this check voicemail IVR Menu.

Use

1.   user calls in to main number.

2.  as soon as auto receptionist answers, user enters their extension number.

3.  user extension rings for maximum wait time and then forwards to user's voicemail.

4.  user takes hidden option 2 and enters user's PIN to check voicemail by PIN code.

5.  user takes option 1 to listen to user's voice mail.

please also see Zoom support article.

Checking voicemails over phone - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

bdelmar
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Thanks for the reply, I found the same solution just before you posted. Thanks again!