cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-foward call to external number, show the zoom number forwarding call, NOT originating number.

ebolachop
Listener

Ive been trying to replace our old Telstra phone system with zoom.i can do 99% of what i need re call routing etc,

we have.

Basically Our store landline numbers   forward into a "hunt group" number for each store. we can then choose where to forward top from there.usually into customer xperience, but occasionally to mobiles etc.This is setup so that the Hunt group number is forwarded, and allows the call que to identify it as a store call being forwarded as it always shows the forwarding number which is saved as that specific store in the contact list.Showing the originating number means the cant tell which store the call is originating from.

ive tried user/que/shared lines. after research it makes sense that it cant show the forwarding number, if its set to auto forward as the number never "answers".

is there a way to make the line auto pickup, then forward to another number  without pressing 1?and have this   completely transparent to the dialler? this is the last part i need to ditch my old system

so call comes in from customer, forwards to zoom number, which then onfardfs to our call Q, but showing the zoom number not the actually caller number.

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ebolachop,

This zoom support article describes a solution to your question.

How do I show the user that last transferred or forwarded the call?

Access policy settings.

Under Set caller ID viewing preferences for redirected calls:, select or clear the option, Show the user who last transferred the call.

If enabled, Zoom Phone inbound call notifications will display the last transferring/forwarding internal extension for any calls forwarded as a result of call handling settings for these extensions in the same account:

Auto receptionist

Call queue

Shared line group

Phone user (call handling settings or blind transferred calls)

Zoom Room

Common area phone

Group call pickup

Note: This only affects Zoom Phone inbound call notifications for users with client/app version 5.7.0 or higher. This has no effect on call notifications for external phone numbers or external Zoom Phone users.

Example (setting is enabled): Grant calls Marcy. Marcy misses the call and her call handling settings mean the call is forwarded to Carly. Carly's inbound call notification will display an additional line stating forward from Carly followed by Cary's extension number.

Example (setting is disable): Grant calls Marcy. Marcy misses the call and her call handling settings mean the call is forwarded to Carly. Carly's inbound call notification will not display an additional line stating forward from Carly followed by Cary's extension number.

Frequently asked questions about caller ID – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot