cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone PWA outbound call drops immediately

bryanwang
Listener

I'm trying to get our company set up with the Zoom PWA on Chromebooks to use with Zoom Phone. The Zoom Phone icon is showing up correctly on the PWA, and I can receive inbound calls no problem. 

The issue is when I try to make outbound phone calls - the call drops immediately. This is true for both outbound calls to a 10 digit phone number and internal extension to extension calls. From the PWA front end, it says "Call Ended". On the admin console when looking my account's call history, it says the "Result" is "Call failed". One last observation is that the receiving number gets a very brief incoming call notification before it disappears (when the call drops).

When I make outbound calls on the same Zoom account using a mobile app or PC desktop client, it does not have any issues. 

Anyone else seeing this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi bryanwang,

have you tried Zoom for Chrome Zoom Web App?

please see

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062958

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot

Yes that's the one that we're having issues with

Eliot

hi bryanwang,

do you have zoom phone on pwa enabled?

Eliot_0-1704719755706.png

zoom appears to be doing a lot of work enhancing pwa.  if you still have issues, i would open a support ticket.  i tried pwa on win 11 and it seems to work fine.

Release notes for December 17, 2023 - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot

Thanks Elio! Yes, we do have it enabled. 

Are you able to make outbound calls from your zoom PWA? We can receive inbound calls, and only experience this issue when we try to make outbound calls. Try dialing main auto-receptionist extension from your Zoom PWA to see if it works - does that work for you?

Eliot

hi bryanwang,

i can make outgoing calls.  i need to sign in to zoom on the first screen.

to open a support ticket, please go to

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/contact?id=contact_us

scroll down to submit a ticket.  if not already signed in to zoom portal, you must sign in to zoom.  Based on your account type such as zoom phone paid license, you will have access to various support options.  if you have a paid zoom phone license, you should be able to submit a ticket.

depending on the size of your account, you may have access to more resources such as a csm (customer success manager), a zoom account executive or a zoom partner.

thanks,  eliot

thanks,  eliot