cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add External Phone Numbers to Call Queues

DougSam
Listener

We have a few Deaf employees using Sorenson VRS computer-based apps to communicate with hearing customers. Sign Language interpreters are provided by Sorenson VRS to our Deaf employees in order for them to provide support to these hearing customers. Each employee are assigned a phone number by Sorenson.

We want to add them to our call queues so they can provide support. How do we add these external numbers to some of our call queues?

11 REPLIES 11

Budak3437
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Dear DougSam

Have you tried something with the following two methods

1:) Zoom Admin Cneter ==>zoom phone ==> account setting ==>Partner CC

2:) Zoom phone can be easily integrated with 3rd party applications.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0070147

https://developers.zoom.us/docs/zoom-phone/smart-embed/

Hi Budak-

Regarding solution #1, I couldn't locate the Partner CC section. Your path appears to differ from what I saw. This is what I see: Admin -> Account Management -> Account Settings -> Zoom Phone and then this is where I'm supposed to search for the Partner CC section but couldn't locate it. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place...

The links in solution #2 doesn't seem to apply to our use case. First off, the nTouchPC nor the nTouchMac app is listed in the Marketplace. Secondly, we aren't talking about embedding the phones in a web application as described in the second link.

Basically we need to have our Sorenson nTouchPC/nTouchMac  phone number appear in the queue in the same manner as a Zoom phone number.

Daniel245
Listener

Hey Doug, 

Did you find a solution to this issue? I have this issue, as well, and when connecting the Sorenson VRS to the Deaf agents call forwarding, it's dropping the call instantly. I can dial their number directly but when they are on a call queue it does not go through. Wondered if you have found any solution to this? Thanks. 

Daniel-

How have you been able to add the external Sorenson VP number to the call queue?

We have not been able to find a solution. We have our Deaf agent set his call handling to his Sorenson VP number. That is located in the Profile>Phone>Settings>Call Handling but this only works when someone dials his direct line in Zoom. The issue when he is in a call queue is that it requires him to Press 1 to accept a call that is forwarded to an external number, and when he presses 1, it immediately drops the call. It doesn't allow me (as the Admin) to disable the Press 1 function on Call Queues. 

Daniel-

I don't see "Call Handling" in the Settings of my profile.

As  test, I added my Sorenson VP number assigned to me by Sorenson as my phone number in my profile. I tried to add it to the first call queue. It was rejected- says "Extension xxx requires a Zoom Phone Metered, Unlimited, or Pro plan." Do I need to pay for a Zoom Pro plan in order to incorporate the Sorenson VP number in the call queue?

Budak3437
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello ,

Firstly you must have Zoom phone pro licenced. İf you dont have it ,You can take as add-on.
When you will have licence, You can do call handling. So you can add extarnel number for special user.
When the user receives a call, you can ring the desk phone, desktop or external number.

Budak3437
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I am sharing the call handliing screenshot.

DougSam
Listener

Ah ha! I now see where call handling is handled! Thank you for the screen capture.

Have you tried reaching out to tech support at Sorenson VRS or Zoom technical support to see if there's anything they can do about this? Pressing 1 and not getting the incoming call doesn't seem optimal! Perhaps have Zoom and Sorenson VRS work together to hammer this one out?

Budak3437
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello

If I understand you correctly, when you press 1, the call is transferred to Sorenson VRS. The transferred call is a video call or an audio call. ?
Also, are you sure the called number is compatible with your outbound prefixes(number pattern)?

Secondly, the call is transferred to the zoom Sorenson VRS and is cut off when it is answered, or is it not transferred from the zoom?

B.R.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner