cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10DLC Campaign Failure:Registered numbers sending messages that aren't received

klawrence
Listener

We are an organization of around 100 employees.  We submitted a campaign to expand (beyond 49) the total numbers that could send SMS messages to clients.  The campaign was approved at the end of February.  The relevant steps were followed to join each number to the campaign.  But since then the messages from our numbers seem to be blocked.  Users can send messages but they aren't always received.  This seems to happen most often with clients who have T-Mobile or some of the other smaller carriers.  I have an open ticket with Zoom support but seem to be getting nowhere after 6 weeks.  Any one else having SMS issues?  Getting usefull support?

13 REPLIES 13

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @klawrence 

Providers have become stricter due to increase in robocalls, spam calling. I recommend following this article to let them know about your numbers so they can allow your numbers.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060082291-Outbound-calls-blocked-or-tagged-as-spam#h_01...

Hope that helps

klawrence
Listener

Thanks very much for the reply.  Prior to zoom rolling out the 10DLC campaign, we took the step of registering our numbers through the links mentioned in the article. Since successfully registering our 10DLC campaign we have a new problem with SMS messages.  Certain providers (T-mobile, Boost, Google-Fi) will allow messages to be sent to our zoom numbers.  But messages sent from our zoom numbers go undelivered.  Tech Support doesn't seem to have a solution.  I've had an open ticket with them for 6 weeks and given the type of problem, I expected other customers to be having similar problems.  That doesn't seem to be the case.

sachinzoom

Hi @klawrence 

Understand. Hope you looked at the article I shared. The providers will help whitelist your numbers with them when you reach out

Unknownuser171
Listener

Hi,

Wondering if you were able to find a solution for this? We are currently experiencing it as well. Calls are able to go through but SMS to T-mobile devices are not going through. No error on the Zoom side.

sachinzoom

Hi @Unknownuser171 

Please see my response above and the article I shared. You can have the carrier whitelist your numbers following the link.

Hi Sachin,

I also did whitelist them through the T-mobile portal, but that looks like it hasn't solved the issue.

Thanks,

sachinzoom

Hi @Unknownuser171  Please open a support ticket in that case to further troubleshoot this.

We are still waiting for a reply from Zoom.  We have had an open trouble ticket for 7 weeks and haven't been able to get a fix.  It's not a question of whitelisting the numbers.  That's what registering your campaign is supposed to accomplish.  Zoom tells me they are working with multiple partners but like I said, it's been 7 weeks and I'm just getting a shoulder shrug.

Thank you.

I also submitted a ticket and it just got escalated. Let see if they find a solution, but I might get the run around like you.

If they do find a solution, I'll be sure to let you know!

Thanks

sachinzoom

Hi @Unknownuser171 

Glad to hear. Indeed it will be great to hear the resolution for others facing similar issues.

Hi @ unknownuser171

I hope you've managed to make progress with the SMS issue. The latest message I've received from tech support says this:

"They state that you should see improvement with the issue.

However, I want to set the expectation of a resolution to this. They are still working with our carrier for a permanent fix. However, it might take a few months however as it requires approval from various mobile carriers.

We will close the ticket, but the engineering ticket will remain open." 

Essentially they removed our phone numbers from the campaign while they work to fix the campaign.  I'm not sure how long it will last, but we've completed a small test and those messages were received.  

Thanks!

Do you notice any issues with your SMS from other wireless carriers? If I remember correctly, the campaign was required for SMS to be sent from Zoom -> Wireless carriers.

So the issue is with Zoom it seems and just waiting for Zoom to fix it.

I haven't had any update on my end. Just asked for an update today.

There are over 80 people on our account.  Among the reports I received there were problems with T-mobile, US Cellular, Boost, Google-Fi, Cricket.  I didn't receive any reports about Verizon or AT&T but those could have been unreported.  It largely seemed concentrated to sending SMS messages to T-mobile customers. 

Your understanding of the purpose of the campaign sounds about the same as mine.  After about 5 weeks some (Zoom,  their carrier? unclear to me) engineering department tried removing our numbers from the campaign and re-adding them.  This didn't solve anything.  So more weeks passed and if I'm understanding our current situation, we aren't in any campaign at all.  People are sending messages without including "Please reply STOP, etc."

I was told this morning:

"I will place your ticket on hold until the anticipated update is released, which is expected to occur within the next 2-3 months. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. During this time, we will email you every three to four weeks to give you an update and confirm that we are still waiting for feedback from our third-party carriers."

I've asked if this is for just our account or the whole platform.  Waiting on a response to that.  

The bottom line here is that we aren't attached to any campaign and we can send SMS messages the same way as before the whole campaign issue. But I'm led to believe that this may not last until Zoom has a permanent fix.  If, they have a permanent fix.