cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using keynote in advance screen sharing

Lelandbt
Listener

I cannot share a keynote presentation in zoom advance screen sharing.  I have no issues sharing a PowerPoint presentation.  Is there a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So .... the final result is this:

It was mandatory to create the .key as new file with the local application or export it from icloud as keynote file and not only move the original file created with the icloud keynote version from keynote file directory to another file directory. 🙂 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

izzymx
Listener

Same issue here, ZooM Version: 5.16.2 (23409) and Keynote version 13.2 (7038.0.87)

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

There was a known issue that was slated to be fixed in Zoom  client 5.16.5.

Resolved Issues

• Resolved an issue with using a Keynote presentation as a virtual background 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361963 

What version are you using and have you tried to update to the 5.16.5 version?

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

izzymx
Listener

Hi Frank_TB, and thank you so much for your kind answer. Unfortunatelly didnt work upgrading to Zoom Version: 5.16.5 (24419) 😞

bstrelko

Is your question on 'advance slide sharing' about Slide Control?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4411656450701-Controlling-slides-shared-by-another-partici...

Please confirm, so we can help investigate further.

If so, please note the caveat:

• When using Keynote, the presentation must be played in fullscreen view, as Play Slideshow in Window is not supported.  

Hey bstrelko, yes, at the moment to use Advanced - Slides as Virtual Backgroud, the file cannot be imported .... 😞 

bstrelko

No, we are talking about 2 different functions. Please disregard my previous note.

Can you confirm that you have the Keynote application installed on the machine you're using for Zoom? This is a prerequisite. 

Also, are you given an error message when you select the file to share, or are you unable to even select the Keynote presentation?

Oh, ok. I see.

Yeah, I have installed Keynote version 13.2 (7038.0.87) and Zoom Version: 5.16.5 (24419)

I can see the .key file, but at the moment to select it and click open button to share, i received the next message: Unable to import "namefile.key" Try restarting Keynote or opening the file in Keynote to troubleshoot.

bstrelko

Got it. Can you confirm that you're able to open it in Keynote?

Also, are you able to re-save it with a simple generic name, such as 'test.key' and see if that works?

Can you confirm the issue is peristent for all Keynote files on your machine?

mmmh, interesting, you are right. I created a new file called test.key and works perfectly. .... I will create a new one with the keynote complete content... thank you so much for this workaround.

bstrelko

It's possible that 

a.) the previous file was corrupt or

b.) there were special characters, too many characters, or some character-specific issues with the filename that created issues

Glad you're up and running, though!

Thank you so much to open my mind and this workaround works so F.. great!!!

So .... the final result is this:

It was mandatory to create the .key as new file with the local application or export it from icloud as keynote file and not only move the original file created with the icloud keynote version from keynote file directory to another file directory. 🙂 

bstrelko

Ah, yes!