Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Zoom Error" while converting to Local Recording

TheatreRachel
Listener

I got a "Zoom Error" message while my local recording was converting.  Now the meeting doesn't appear at all under my Local Recordings list.  Is there any way to still access the unconverted recording, or have I lost it for good??!!

2 REPLIES 2

RachelGomez123
Participant

Try to manually launch the conversion process. To do this, log in to your Zoom desktop app if you’re not already signed in. Then go to the Meeting tab click on the Recorded tab.
Select the recording you want to convert the click on the Convert option.zTscoder is an executable file that’s part of the Zoom file package. You can use this tool to force the recording conversion process. You basically need to run the start zTscoder.exe “C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Zoom\VideoFilePath” command in Command Prompt to launch the manual video conversion process.

We already described this method in detail in our guide on How to Fix Zoom Error Code 614. Use this solution and check if the problem has been solved.

But if you’re not comfortable using Command Prompt, you can use the method below.4

On your ‘Failed to Convert Recording‘ Zoom error window, double-click on the ‘double_click_to_convert‘ file.zoom double-click to convert meeting recording
Then select Open with and click More apps.
Select Look for another app on this PC.
Navigate to C: \ Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin.
Locate the zTscoder.exe file in this folder and double-click on it to open it.zTscoder.exe file zoom
Then return to the error window and double-click on the ‘double_click_to_convert’ file. Your recording should start converting now.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

TheatreRachel
Listener

Unfortunately, the message I got was "Zoom Unexpectedly Quit" during the conversion process, so the meeting doesn't even show up on my list as unconverted.  I'm on a MAC.  Is there another way to access an unconverted recording?