cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

live transcript

carolagate
Listener

When you click on Save Transcript following a meeting where does it save it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You would have to find it under the original host that you claimed the meeting from (the shared account).

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ChrisO
Note Taker

It should be under recordings in your Zoom web portal. Here is a link to Zoom's KB on transcripts for reference. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004794983-Using-audio-transcription-for-cloud-recording...

carolagate
Listener

Thanks, Chris. I had read that page but it appears that only the administrator of the account can access the recordings. I was the host, but not the administrator. Should anyone who clicks on "Save Transcript" be able to access them?  The only recordings listed on my account are from the two months during which I had a paid account. I was using a paid account yesterday, but it wasn't my account. Will the transcipt I saved be on the computer for the  account owner, and not on my computer? Or on his web site and not mine?

The recording should be under the Host's account. The physical computer used to access the account does not matter as it is a cloud recording not local (until someone downloads it at least). So, yes you need to log into the web portal under the Host account to view it.

carolagate
Listener

What if the host is not the person who owns the account?

I am confused about what you are asking here. The Zoom User account used to create the meeting is by default the owner of all recordings from the meeting. Log into that Zoom User account to retrieve recordings.

carolagate
Listener

My community subscribes to Zoom. The account is in the name of one member. He is not at all meetings. I attend a meeting and claim host because I use captions. Then I want to use the captions to help create minutes. I open the transcript and save it. How do I find the transcript I saved? I can't find it when I log onto my account. Where is the transcript? Would I have to find it on the account that is in someone else's name?

You would have to find it under the original host that you claimed the meeting from (the shared account).

Billie1
Listener

What is the point of allowing everyone to save a transcript if they don't have access to it? I was in a Zoom meeting with over 200 participants and saved the transcript. I didn't take notes because I thought I knew that I had the transcript.  I don't who the know the account owner is, so I can't ask for the transcript that I thought I saved to my computer.