cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joined on accident while wearing something embarrassing

johndoe7
Newcomer
Newcomer

So I was testing out zoom features while wearing a particularly embarrassing outfit, when it all of a sudden joined me into an empty chat room and showed my camera. Now tommorow there is to be a meeting held in that meeting room, and im since im not familiar with the program im wondering will they be able to see what i had been dressed in if i left the room immediately? Or will it show the last thing my camera saw when i logged out? I am extremely nervous about this.

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @johndoe7 thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

It's understandable to feel nervous, but I want to assure you that Zoom doesn't usually display the last thing your camera saw when you log out. Instead, when you join a meeting, your camera feed will start from the moment you join. So, as long as you ensure your camera is off when you enter the meeting room tomorrow, there shouldn't be any issue with others seeing what you were wearing during your testing.

To be extra cautious, before joining the meeting tomorrow, you can follow these steps:

1. Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
  2. Click your profile picture then click Settings.
  3. Click Video CarlaA_0-1692653677629.png

4. Select the Turn off my video when joining meeting check box.

I hope this helps!
Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?