cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execlude only some users to join a meeting without need to be addmited by the host

rr4
Listener

Is there a way to execlude only some users to join a meeting without need to be addmited by the host?

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

Enable registration for the meeting, with the need for approval turned-on. Then don't approve those that you don't wish to attend the meeting.

Or, you could enable the Waiting Room, and not allow entry of the attendees with names you wish to exclude. This is dependent on them arriving with their real names in their Zoom profile.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

rr4
Listener

I have meant that I do want to use a waiting room and to admit attendees , but for certain attendees I want to them to join the meeting without me admitting them

ZoomTestKitchen

Here are the available options:

ZoomTestKitchen_0-1674585513106.png

Here is an article that explains bullet point #3 (whitelisted domains):

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395207-Getting-started-with-associated-domains

Point #3 sounds like the option that would work and it can, if the whitelisted domains are custom domains that your organization owns. Attempting to whitelist @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc will not work.

If the folks that you want to join and by-pass the waiting room are outside your account domain, then there is not a way to whitelist those folks.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen