cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio settings for zoom piano lessons

edhald
Listener

Hello - we have a zoom account for which we pay about $150 per year, but the chatbot says we don't have access to a live agent.  We are trying to adjust the settings for piano lessons on zoom.  The people on the other end can hear our piano, but we can't hear theirs.  We have adjusted all audio settings and searched Google, but the Google videos don't match the options we have available.  Can anyone please tell me how to adjust the audio settings within zoom so that we can hear the other people's piano.  They can hear ours just fine.  Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi edhald,

Hi edhald,

It appears that you have your zoom account configured correctly since the people on the other end can hear your piano. 

What the people on the other end (maybe a student or colleague) need to do is to configure their zoom settings for Original Sound or Live Performance.  The Original sound for musicians and Live performance audio profiles allow for greater preservation of audio received from your microphone without using Zoom's echo cancellation and audio filters. These are ideal if your microphone or sound equipment has these features built-in or if you are wanting to preserve the full range of sound from a musical instrument.

Please see zoom support article below. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Configuring-audio-for-music-and-singing

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

I have marked it as an accepted solution.  Thank you very much for taking so much time to give this detailed and thorough explanation.  It is very much appreciated 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot

hi edhald,

Hi edhald,

It appears that you have your zoom account configured correctly since the people on the other end can hear your piano. 

What the people on the other end (maybe a student or colleague) need to do is to configure their zoom settings for Original Sound or Live Performance.  The Original sound for musicians and Live performance audio profiles allow for greater preservation of audio received from your microphone without using Zoom's echo cancellation and audio filters. These are ideal if your microphone or sound equipment has these features built-in or if you are wanting to preserve the full range of sound from a musical instrument.

Please see zoom support article below. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Configuring-audio-for-music-and-singing

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

I have marked it as an accepted solution.  Thank you very much for taking so much time to give this detailed and thorough explanation.  It is very much appreciated 🙂