cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sound (mic) on webinar

BBass
Listener

I do remote lecturing about music via Zoom, and have the following setup at home:

webcam for video,

laptop to connect with meeting link and as a monitor,

ipad to play music samples,

Electric piano to play live,

headset (Audio-technica BPHS1) with earphones and attached mic,

All of the above goes through a mixer (Yamaha: MG10XU)

I've used this setup a hundred times very successfully. Yesterday, the mic setup failed me and I don't know why. Symptoms: Either I could hear the host and she/audience couldn't hear me, or she/audience could hear me but I couldn't hear her. I played with the mic settings, and nothing solved the problem. Ultimately, we did the webinar with her (and the audience) hearing me, but I couldn't hear her - which was ok since I was the only one talking. When necessary, we communicated via texts on a phone on the side! It was a very odd experience. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be? (By the way, I tested the system with a friend later in the day, and the same thing happened, so I don't think the problem was on the host's end.)

THANKS.

3 REPLIES 3

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Are you able to reproduce the issue now? How about after a reboot?

Are you using analog audio from the mixer or a USB connection?

Mac or PC? Version of Zoom?

BBass
Listener
bstrelko, 
THANK YOU for your response. As it turns out, I managed to solve the dilemma, but really appreciate your reaching out. (And the fix was so simple that I'm too embarrassed to describe it!)
All the best....
BBass

aiqbal52003
Listener

hope its solved 🙂