cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom does not show up in iOS settings Privacy Microphone and Camera and cannot connect

Listener

I cannot connect to Zoom on my iPad Air Gen 5. When I start the app does not show the normal start up screen with New Meeting, Join, Schedule and Share Screen. When I try to sign in I recite every the message “Cannot sign in, please check your network connection.” I have reset my iPad and uninstalled/reinstalled the Zoom Client app with no success. I noticed the Zoom app is not listed under iOS settings under Privacy Microphone or Camera so I cannot give access to them for Zoom. Zoom works fine on my iPhone 13 Max Pro and Zoom shows under its Settings for Microphone and Camera. Is Zoom not installing properly?

3 REPLIES 3

Rohgren
Listener

I have exactly the same problem.  Works like. A charm on my iPhone X; can’t access the microphone on my iPad and when I follow the “instructions” to allow access, there is no option to do it is not listed. 

Did you get a solution? I think this is an iPad iOS issue.  Stopped being Apple to print to my printer when using Apple apps (Numbers, Pages) after a software update in like November after it worked fine for years.  Pissing me off. 

Julie13ava
Listener

Did anyone ever get a solution to this?

Masy554
Listener

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by being unable to grant camera and microphone access on your iPhone. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:-

Check Camera and Microphone Permissions:-

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.

2. Scroll down and tap on Privacy.

3. Now, tap on Camera and Microphone individually.

4. Here, you'll see a list of apps that have requested access. Make sure the toggle switch for the specific app you're having trouble with is turned green.

Reinstall the App:-

If the camera and microphone permissions are already enabled, try reinstalling the app. Sometimes a glitch within the app itself can cause permission issues.

1. Uninstall the app by tapping and holding on the app icon on your home screen and selecting Delete App.

2. Go to the App Store and reinstall the app.

3. When you launch the app again, it should prompt you for camera and microphone access. Grant permission when prompted.

Force Restart iPhone:- A simple force restart can sometimes resolve software glitches that might be causing the problem. Press and hold the power button and the volume down button together until the Apple logo appears. Follow for more effective assistance below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFE3Gsb3Cbc&ab_channel=TheGeekPage