cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Recording Stuck Converting to .MP4

Sabrina_Skeldon
Listener

Help !!!   I failed to End Meeting after completing a one hour difficult presentation that I was recording on Zoom.   Is there any way to convert this to .MP4 file now.   It shows up in the Document \ Zoom folder local drive;  but the file name shows only "double_click_to_convert_02.zoom"

7 REPLIES 7

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Sabrina_Skeldon 

Refer to the following article to try a manual conversion.

Troubleshooting local recording issues – Zoom Support

Convert using the Zoom desktop client

For versions 4.6.10 or higher, you can't convert local recording files by double-clicking the Zoom files. You must follow the steps below to manually convert the files:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the Meetings tab.
  3. Click the Recorded tab.
  4. Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
  5. Click Convert.

If you still cannot convert, please check the files in the recording files folder.
If the following three files are present, moving the recording.conf file out of the folder and then performing the manual conversion procedure may work.

double_click_to_convert_01.zoom
double_click_to_convert_02.zoom
recording.conf

this process not successful for me

Thank you soooooo much, this is really helpful.

zaconline
Listener

I am having the same problem.

I tried the manual convert option by double_clicking the file, also tried open with transcode and it did not work. I have a 128MB file. Is there another application that can convert the .zoom file?  I also read that if you restart the computer, sometimes that will get the manual option to work. 

Ohkawa

@zaconline 

Have you tried the following methods?

Convert using the Zoom desktop client

For versions 4.6.10 or higher, you can't convert local recording files by double-clicking the Zoom files. You must follow the steps below to manually convert the files:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the Meetings tab.
  3. Click the Recorded tab.
  4. Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
  5. Click Convert.

If you still cannot convert, please check the files in the recording files folder.
If the following three files are present, moving the recording.conf file out of the folder and then performing the manual conversion procedure may work.

task 0-5.0.24c292.0512: c:\users\raghunath user\documents\zoom\2023-08-25 22.03.51 rinku garg ji's personal meeting room\
08/26/2023 02:07:49:122 : [Z1865]:2,622,0,622
08/26/2023 02:07:49:630 : [Z1865]:0,622,0,622

this comes as x coder error

Luciamartyn
Listener

The file you mentioned, "double_click_to_convert_02.zoom," is a temporary recording file created by Zoom during the recording process. Normally, when you end a Zoom meeting or recording, the software automatically converts this temporary file into the final .MP4 recording. However, if the process was interrupted or the meeting wasn't ended properly, you might be left with this temporary file. Here are the steps you can take to try and recover the recording: Rename the File, Use Zoom to Convert, Check Local Recording Settings, Check Local Storage or contact wth zoom support.