You're invited to Zoomtopia 2022! Our annual user conference will take place in the Americas on November 8-9 and in APAC, Japan, and EMEA on November 17.Learn more about our hybrid event experience
Everything you need to work together, all in one place.Explore Zoom One's Collaboration Tools
Connect virtually from anywhere with Zoom Meetings
Collaborate together with Zoom Chat
Call the world with Zoom Phone
Create and brainstorm with Zoom Whiteboard
Rich conversation analytics to improve sales
Send and receive messages and calendar invitations
Bring fluid interactions to hybrid teams with Zoom Huddles
Innovative video solutions for every meeting space.
Bring meeting spaces online with Zoom Rooms
Conference Room Connector links existing rooms to Zoom
Innovative solutions for every space
Solutions to host impactful virtual and hybrid experiences.Find a Solution for Every Event
Host hybrid and virtual events with Zoom Events
Elevate your brand with single session events powered by Zoom Sessions
Broadcast at scale with Zoom Webinars
Host and attend classes, group events, and more OnZoom
An omnichannel cloud solution optimized for video.
Engage customers with Zoom Contact Center
Deliver intelligent support with conversational AI
Zoom solutions elevate collaboration across vertical use cases.Discover Zoom Industry Solutions
Enabling exciting new ways to teach, learn, and connect globally
Transforming client engagement and employee experiences
Improving collaboration between agencies, ministries and constituents
Connecting care, collaboration, and medical innovation
Real-time communication, anywhere in the world
Bridging the in-store and online experiences
Expert support and services for all your design, strategy, implementation, event, and hardware needs.
Flexible subscription plans for hardware
An open platform that allows developers to build Zoom apps and integrations.
Explore over 1,500 apps in Zoom App Marketplace
Documentation for building on Zoom's platform using APIs, Webhooks, and SDKs
Resources that help developers evaluate & build with our solutions
Post your questions and get help from our developer community
Zoom Partners bring Zoom's communications platform to market through alliance, sales, and service partnerships.
Explore Zoom's technology ecosystem
Find a trusted Partner
Learn about Zoom's Partner Programs
Access marketing & sales resources
Login to the Partner Portal and click 'Learn'
Discover new ways to use Zoom solutions to power your modern workforce.
Access expert-led tutorials on Zoom products and features.
Network with other Zoom users, and share your own product and industry insights.
Get documentation on deploying, managing, and using the Zoom platform.
Keep your Zoom client up to date to access the latest features.Download Center
Download hi-res images and animations to elevate your next Zoom meeting.Browse Backgrounds
2022-01-10 05:17 PM
When I join a Zoom meeting often my fellow participants tell me that my voice sounds distorted - a bit like Mickey Mouse! If I leave the meeting and sign back in again this usually cures the problem but can take two or three attempts. Can anyone suggest what is causing this and how to stop it happening?
2022-01-12 06:53 AM
I'm having the same problem - was compared to Donald Duck! I've changed the speakers - no result. No help here either I'm afraid!
2022-01-13 03:13 AM
If it helps, here is the reply I received after contacting Zoom Support directly:
Thank you for contacting Zoom Support! My nae is Arnaud from the TSE Team
I am sorry that you had Audio distortion in meeting
Could you please follow the steps outlined in this article to test your audio connection: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio
If you are having issues with your speaker or microphone and are on Mac OS 10.14 Mojave or earlier and can't access the microphone, check your operating system permissions to confirm that Zoom has access to the microphone. See Using the Zoom Client and Zoom Rooms with macOS 10.14 Mojave for more information.
If you are on Windows 10 and can't access the microphone, use the Windows search box to navigate to Microphone privacy settings. Switch on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle, and enable access for Zoom. Additionally, please ensure Zoom is not muted in your Volume mixer and that your speaker/microphone drivers have been updated.
You can also try testing your speaker and microphone in other applications to see if the issues is specifically with Zoom or the device you are using.
Also, try enable original sound. Please follow this article:
If the above steps don't help, we will need to check that your audio drivers are updated, that your privacy settings are allowing Zoom to use your Audio and that the right setup is done within Zoom.
1.) Update Audio Drivers:
- when you log into a meeting make sure you select the option to use the devices audio.
- on Windows go to the Device Manager.
- go to Audio, you should have different choices for the microphone and speakers.
- click on the microphone, click on properties, click on driver, and choose the Update option.
- do the same for the speakers.
2. Allow Zoom to access microphone in privacy settings:
- use the Windows search bar to navigate to your device’s Microphone Privacy Settings and toggle the “Allow apps to access your microphone” switch on “ON”:
3.) Setting up Audio within Zoom:
- start an Instant meeting by clicking on New meeting on your Zoom app,
- select “Join with Computer Audio” if prompted with this choice
*if you miss click just click on the Join Audio and select “Join with Computer Audio” option.
- click on the arrow next to the microphone icon
- make sure that under “Select a microphone” and “Select a speaker” your laptops microphone and speakers are selected and that you allow zoom to use them.
4.) Testing outcome:
- click on the arrow next to the microphone icon and select “Test Speaker and Microphone…”
- speakers will be first tested, you should hear a ringtone, if you don’t hear a ringtone please make sure the right speakers are selected by either changing manually or toggling between them by pressing “No, Try Another Speaker”, also make sure that your PC is not muted
- do the same with microphone.
- at the end of the test you should have both speaker and microphone in green.
5.) Updating Zoom:
- if all the above fail we will need to update, so let’s uninstall the application
- please use the attached CleanZoom.exe file to delete Zoom.
- once Zoom is uninstalled, go to https://zoom.us/support/download;
- the download will start automatically (we need the 64bits version).
- when the download is finished, please install the file.
- test again with step 4
Please inform me of the outcome or if there’s anything else I can help with.
2023-03-06 09:56 AM
I've tried everything, updating Zoom, audio drivers, fiddled with all my windows audio settings, and the zoom audio settings. No result. I get told that my audio is completely garbled. I thought my laptop's mic was failing, so I bought a headset. The headset is a workaround. It used to work fine.
Just did a skype session with someone, and he reported the sound as crystal clear. So it's not a hardware issue. I wonder why Zoom is having issues... Still trying to troubleshoot it.
2023-03-06 02:13 PM
Same problem- we stream with Larix, no problem, but with Zoom, all low tones are not coming through (we call it minnie mouse voice). We stream through an iPhone 11 (fully updated), and use an external mic and music streamed through a mixing board directly into the phone. We have had this problem for YEARS with no solution, and are ready to leave zoom completely because of it.
2023-03-06 09:22 PM
I seem to have found a fix. In advanced audio settings, I turned off audio processing by Windows drivers (set to raw).
Audio became clear again. I don't know if there is an analogue on iOS or Android.