cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding the Dashboard quality settings

roasterboy
Listener

I've tried various adjustments to the quality settings in the Dashboard so that the issues identified by Dashboard correlate with what attendees are experiencing. This is, of course, tricky because audio quality is affected by factors other than what Zoom is doing. Computer speaker quality, user hearing ability, user room acoustics, and presenter speech patterns all affect how an attendee experiences a meeting. 

With the default quality settings, the Dashboard reports a lot unstable network for audio problems. That instability warning seems to be triggered when the bitrate falls below a certain level. The default is 10 kbps. In a meeting yesterday, just about everyone's Dashboard entry showed that instability while, to this septuagenarian's ears, the audio was acceptable. My bitrate dropped to 7 kbps a few times. So, today, I've changed that alert level to 6 kbps, just to see if I can tell at a glance where people are have severe issues. 

The other default parameters for video, screen sharing, and CPU usage seem about right. 

For those of you who've been tuning the Dashboard quality settings, what's been your experience regarding the default settings vs. adjustments you've made. 

Karl Hakkarainen
Factotum Emeritus
1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @roasterboy, from the KB on using meeting quality scores and network alerts, to determine those thresholds, see our recommendations for meeting and phone statistics. As I haven't personally messed with alerts on quality thresholds within Dashboard, the recommendations from the client statistics should help! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!