cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see a particular participant

Yads
Listener

Hi. I have been providing online language lessons for years, but recently a peculiar issue occurred.

One of my students is unable to show himself to me, even though his webcam functions normally in other Zoom meetings.

He tried starting a Zoom session with his girlfriend, and they could both see each other just fine.

He seems to be the other person I am unable to see in class even though I can see my other students without a problem.

He expressed his concern saying that being able to show his face would allow us to have better interaction, with which I fully agree.

What could be some steps for him and/or me to take to address the issue?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yads
Listener

The steps in the article did not fix his problem, but he decided to launch his Zoom from the Windows app instead of using his browser and had no issue anymore. Apparently, he had been launching Zoom on his Chrome for some reason.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

There is no detail here about the device used or what he actually did. So start with the basics

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061836

Be sure to carefully read EVERYTHING ON THE PAGE.

Be sure he can see himself. Zoom supports multiple camera sources and the wrong one can be selected.

Check the participant list to see that his video is on in Zoom.

Check gallery view.

Have him connect with a different device such as a smart phone.

Yads
Listener

The steps in the article did not fix his problem, but he decided to launch his Zoom from the Windows app instead of using his browser and had no issue anymore. Apparently, he had been launching Zoom on his Chrome for some reason.