cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Maintain Participant Anonymity in a Zoom Meeting

jbalesh
Listener

I will be hosting a meeting where the participants' identities need to be kept hidden from others so that they can attend without anyone knows they are doing so.  How can I do this with Zoom? 

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @jbalesh.

Zoom Meetings are designed for collaboration, and I’m not aware I’d any way to prevent attendees from seeing the names in the Participant window.

Zoom Webinars are designed such that only the Host, Co-Hosts, and Panelists can see the identities of the Attendees. This is the only way I know to maintain anonymity of the Attendees, though the Host, Co-Hosts, and Panelists names will be displayed for all. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Thank you, Ray!  I thought this was the case so it is helpful to confirm that it is so. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @jbalesh.

Zoom Meetings are designed for collaboration, and I’m not aware I’d any way to prevent attendees from seeing the names in the Participant window.

Zoom Webinars are designed such that only the Host, Co-Hosts, and Panelists can see the identities of the Attendees. This is the only way I know to maintain anonymity of the Attendees, though the Host, Co-Hosts, and Panelists names will be displayed for all. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you, Ray!  I thought this was the case so it is helpful to confirm that it is so.