cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert .zoom file to mp4 from local system

naveene11671
Listener

Dear Zoom Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I am facing while attempting to convert a .zoom extension file to MP4 format using ztscoder.exe.

I have recently recorded a Zoom meeting and downloaded the recording to my local PC. However, I am unable to play the file or share it with others in its current .zoom format. After conducting some research, I came across ztscoder.exe as a recommended solution for converting .zoom files to a more widely compatible format like MP4.

Here are the details of my system and the steps I have taken so far:

1. Operating System:  Windows 11

Steps I have taken:

1. Downloaded the ztscoder.exe tool from the official Zoom website.
  2. Placed the .zoom extension file and the ztscoder.exe tool in the same directory on my local PC.
  3. Ran the following command in the command prompt: ztscoder.exe -i input.zoom -o output.mp4 (Please note: Replace "input. zoom" with the actual name of the .zoom file you are attempting to convert and "output.mp4" with the desired name for the converted MP4 file.)

However, despite following the steps correctly, the conversion process does not seem to be working as expected. The ztscoder.exe tool either displays an error message or does not generate the MP4 file as intended. I have also made sure that I have the necessary permissions to access and execute the ztscoder.exe tool on my system.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide guidance or any necessary troubleshooting steps to help me resolve this issue. Additionally, if there are any alternative methods or tools available for converting .zoom files to MP4, please let me know.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and assistance in resolving this issue.

Best regards,

Naveen SAINI

0 REPLIES 0