cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to click on hyperlinks shared in zoom chat during meetings

johng
Listener

I use Zoom on a Mac...  when someones pastes a hyperlink into chat during a meeting, I am not able to open the link by clicking on it, rather I have to cut and paste the link into my browser.  Others in my meetings are not having this issue.  I have searched settings and help and have had no luck.  All my other chat products allow me to "click and go" to my browser.  Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how were you able to resolve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mateo5
Listener

try to update whatever browser you are using like safari or chrome 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi. 

What link that you share in meeting chat? Is that link with \\ ? Or just ordinary link? 

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

mvrachella
Listener

I have the same issue. Other people can click the link and it is showing up blue like a hyperlink but I cannot select it. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the zoom client and making sure there were no updates but it still does not work. The link being shared does have https:// in front of it.

joe_johnson
Listener

I have a user in our Zoom account with the same issue, though on a PC.

Links to Google docs are put in the chat and the user is unable to click on them, they act like they are not hyperlinks (i.e. the arrow cursor does not turn into the little hand).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Zoom app a couple times with no change.

pk1
Listener

I'm having the same problem. The link in the chat is clearly a blue huyperlink. Everyone else can click on it, except me. I used to be able to cut and paste the link into my browser. Now I can't even do that.  The only option that I'm given is to "select all". This is now effecting my abilty to participate in third party apps like Jamboard, meaning I can't access them.

Zoom, if you are listening please help.

encountered the exact same thing.  Frustrating that you can't even copy paste the hyperlink.

any answer for this issue?

mateo5
Listener

This was literally one of the first things we did, with no success.

That's no solution, let's try to look at how the Zoom app recognizes hyper text, that's a good question.

My browser is up to date; this is still happening

it is 2024 and I am STILL having this issue. It is not a good look for Zoom pushing Edge over other browsers. Horrible user experience and very obvious what's behind it, especially because its Edge which has a terrible history of Microsoft pushing their crappy browser on businesses and people. GIVE PEOPLE CHOICES or lose them. 

Roknrol
Listener

I use Zoom on a PC.  I had the same problem.  Clicking on links in chat doesn't do anything.  To fix this I had to change my default browser from Chrome to Edge.  The links now open correctly in Edge.

Sounds like a bug Zoom needs to fix in Chrome -- @Nafi do you have visibility to ETA on this? Thanks!

Klynnd
Listener

The problem I had was when hyperlinks DID work, they automatically launched in Edge, then my video glitched. Warnings popped up about the operating system not being able to work hard enough.

I had to manually add permissions for zoom in chrome. I will know later today if that worked as desired.

HI Klynnd,  Did this work for you?  If so how do you manually add permissions for zoom in chrome? 

daklife
Listener

This issue has been going on for YEARS!  When are they going to correct it?

studiocityweb
Listener

While holding Zoom meetings with my clients, they were unable to click on links shared in chat during the meetings. We were all using the Zoom client on Macs, but of course the links try to open in the default browser. They either had Chrome or Safari. The recommended browsers are Firefox and Chrome.  As the host using the installed Zoom client not a browser when I clicked on the links I had added in chat I was shown a warning about "suspicious links" before Safari would open them.  They weren't suspicious whenever I've visited those websites in a browser. And of course my software is all up to date : )
This might be why so many of my webdesign colleagues  prefer Sessions and GoogleMeet (comes with paid Gmail GoogleWorkspace).