cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Zoom from prompting microphone connection

FKCC
Listener

During a meeting, zoom (web browser) keeps cutting the audio and prompting that it does not have access to the microphone. 

I tune in to meeting on various computers (PCs) that do not have microphones. It only makes sense that zoom does not have access to the microphone, but it is absolutely infuriating that every few seconds the audio gets cut to prompt that the browser does not have access to the microphone.

I tried to check in the zoom settings, and the microphone selection is defaulted to "Same as system", and there is no option to disable the microphone.

How does one disable the prompt?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Zoompro12345
Listener

Hi

Hi

Added, thank you.

clockard
Listener

We are having the same problem within our school building when using Zoom for our morning news. Have you received any updates from anyone?

Unfortunately not, I have not managed to find any good solution to the issue.

The workaround I am using for now is to request for the wifi network access, and join the meetings via my phone (with Zoom installed) for the audio. Do note that I still tune in to the meetings on the computer for the bigger display, but I have disabled all audio on the computer, so there are no longer any audio/microphone prompts from the computer.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Zoom is looking for a microphone. If you cannot provide a physical microphone consider adding a virtual microphone and see if that helps.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hello

Thank you for your suggestion. However, as the computers I use are not my own (shared office PCs), I am not able to install any software on them.

(Please correct me if I am wrong, I did a quick search on virtual microphones, and the solutions normally involve an installation of software on the PC)

Thank you.

I have the same issue.   This did not use to be a problem  you could listen to a meeting but not have a microphone.  They seem to have made a change  that now if  do not give it access to a microphone it keeps stopping the audio.  This means any business that disables microphones will have problems

Frank_TB

Hello,

That is correct.

Most computers have audio drivers pre installed. If you plug in a set of ear buds from an Android or iPhone that have a mic it should work if the ports are usb C.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

FKCC
Listener

I think Zoom has changed/updated the setting. Based on my observation on the shared computers, and testing on my personal computer, I can tune in to meetings again without the prompt to connect a microphone always popping up.