cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop GOOGLE signing in and using email and password

JSY
Observer

I previously used Google Signin to link to my account - but because i travel around and use different people's devices,  some times i need to just signin using my email and password.

I cannot seem to reset my password as ZOOM keeps forcing me to link my Google Account - which i'm not comfortable with, as i use it on so many devices. How do i stop that?

I tried unlinking my user, under user management but it doesn't seem to work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion

It could be that your profile only has the Google sign-in method, which would explain why you cannot reset your password, as Zoom has no email/password login method for you. 

To check this: 

1. Sign in to your account on the web
  2. Go to your Profile page. 
  3. Under the Sign In section, see what you have listed next to Linked Accounts. That should tell you what sign-in methods you have.

If you don't see Work Email listed, this means you have no normal email/password login method. To create that method in addition to your Google sign-in, follow these instructions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202480323-Linking-your-Zoom-Account-#h_01F5GPBMSKJ7MAV5TNC...

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion

It could be that your profile only has the Google sign-in method, which would explain why you cannot reset your password, as Zoom has no email/password login method for you. 

To check this: 

1. Sign in to your account on the web
  2. Go to your Profile page. 
  3. Under the Sign In section, see what you have listed next to Linked Accounts. That should tell you what sign-in methods you have.

If you don't see Work Email listed, this means you have no normal email/password login method. To create that method in addition to your Google sign-in, follow these instructions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202480323-Linking-your-Zoom-Account-#h_01F5GPBMSKJ7MAV5TNC...

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post