cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop GOOGLE signing in and using email and password

JSY
Listener

I previously used Google Signin to link to my account - but because i travel around and use different people's devices,  some times i need to just signin using my email and password.

I cannot seem to reset my password as ZOOM keeps forcing me to link my Google Account - which i'm not comfortable with, as i use it on so many devices. How do i stop that?

I tried unlinking my user, under user management but it doesn't seem to work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

It could be that your profile only has the Google sign-in method, which would explain why you cannot reset your password, as Zoom has no email/password login method for you. 

To check this: 

1. Sign in to your account on the web
  2. Go to your Profile page. 
  3. Under the Sign In section, see what you have listed next to Linked Accounts. That should tell you what sign-in methods you have.

If you don't see Work Email listed, this means you have no normal email/password login method. To create that method in addition to your Google sign-in, follow these instructions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202480323-Linking-your-Zoom-Account-#h_01F5GPBMSKJ7MAV5TNC...

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Bort

It could be that your profile only has the Google sign-in method, which would explain why you cannot reset your password, as Zoom has no email/password login method for you. 

To check this: 

1. Sign in to your account on the web
  2. Go to your Profile page. 
  3. Under the Sign In section, see what you have listed next to Linked Accounts. That should tell you what sign-in methods you have.

If you don't see Work Email listed, this means you have no normal email/password login method. To create that method in addition to your Google sign-in, follow these instructions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202480323-Linking-your-Zoom-Account-#h_01F5GPBMSKJ7MAV5TNC...

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Fuxoft
Listener

You can unlink the Google account from your Zoom account (I've done it succesfully) but it's rather convoluted process.

Let's say you currently log into Zoom using your Google account and you want to log in using your personal email account. Do the following steps:

1. Go to your Zoom account settings.
  2. Find your current (Google) email and change it to your personal email. It's a long process and you need to confirm several emails when doing it.
  3. After you complete this process, your Zoom email (used to receive emails from Zoom) will be your private email address but you will still have to log into Zoom using your Google account and you will have no Zoom password set!
  4. Completely log out of Zoom website.
  5. Click on "SIGN UP, IT'S FREE" to create a new Zoom user.
  6. On the next page, enter your date of birth.
  7. On the next page, enter your private email (not the Google email!).
  8. Set a password.
  9. This "new" Zoom user is automagically linked to your original Zoom account and you can now see "Linked Accounts: Google, Work Email" on your Zoom settings page.
  10. You can now log into your Zoom account using your non-Google email and the password you set in step 8.
  11. You can also still log into your Zoom account using your Google account. If you do not want this, you have to contact Zoom support and ask them to completely remove the "Google login" option from your Zoom account.

Thank you 

LadyStorm
Listener

Completely remove Google login

Has anyone managed to complete unlink and remove Google login from an existing account? Love to know how. Currently, I  have both Google, and email. But email will not work until Google is removed. 

Fuxoft
Listener

See step 11 above. Zoom support must remove your Google login manually.

I tried calling to get this done, but I do not have the right kind of account to talk to a person.  How do you get a real person to do this removal?

I did not call them. I used the standard contact form I found somewhere on this site and wrote a message to them. I am lowest-tier free user.

But it's possible the process has changed now. I did it almost 1 year ago.

newman0179
Listener

Is it possible to unlink Google login but still use my google e-mail as my login e-mail?

Yes, it is! First, use the process described above to completely remove Google login and tie your Zoom account to some other (temporary) email. After this is done, use Zoom account setting to change the login email back to your original Google email and go through all standard security checks. You can then login using your Google email and password.

Fuxoft
Listener

(Sorry wrong reply thread.) How can I remove this?

plantationzoom
Listener

1- Sign in Google. 2-Go to "your connection o third-party apps & services" 3- click in Zoom. 4- Click see details. 5- Click "Stop using Sign in with Google" done! If you stop using Sign in with Google
If Zoom uses automatic sign-in, Google will no longer automatically sign you in to Zoom