cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound distortion

kadirakin85
Listener

When someone is talking in Zoom meeting, and if I search for something in my browser meanwhile, there is terrible sound distortion.  My internet download and upload speeds are 200 Mbps and 60 Mbps respectively. My internet speed is quite stable and nice even while watching videos and playing computer games. I close all the apps except Chrome in my Zoom meetings, still I have the issue. When I look at the resource utilization, the sound distortion problem of Zoom happens although the CPU or memory utilizations are quite below 50%. I check the task manager, and I see that when there is only very little increase in disk utilization or increase of ethernet activity due to another app in PC (such as during a google search in the browser), Zoom sound is distorted.  Indeed, after I updated Zoom 2 months ago the problem started and I have still the issue, although I am using the most updated version.. How can I solve this issue? 

My PC:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Pro

4 REPLIES 4

Mathi
Attendee

@kadirakin85 ,

Please Open the Zoom app, click your profile picture in the Zoom application then click Settings > Audio and select the advanced option, and change Signal Processing by windows audio device drivers: "auto" to " Off(windows Raw). 

update the latest audio driver from a respective model from the vendor portal.

Thanks Marti for the answer, but it didn't help. I got a message "Low system resources may affect your audio quality". However I look at the Performance using Task Manager and none of the utilisation is above 50%. The sound distortion is correlated with SSD Disk utilization but it is also below 10% when there is a distortion. 

I’m having the same issue

kadirakin85
Listener

Indeed, the problem is not only in the sound. Also video freezes very shortly, but the distortion in the sound is much more annoying and critical.