cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing iPad with zoom on macOS

SH-IBA
Listener

Hi,

I tried connecting my iPad on a zoom call to conduct an online class but share button did not show iPhone/iPad option neither the share desktop was available. Is there any change in the recent updates from Zoom or on macOS that prevent this. Please note that I am currently using the latest updates of all, macOS, iPadOS, and Zoom. 

3 REPLIES 3

AndreasP
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi

this works for me, if I understood your problem correctly. I have a running Zoom meeting, in the Zoom app on iPad I click on Share Screen and then enter the meeting ID. On the next prompt I have the option to start the screen recording aka share the screen of the iPad to the meeting.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This Zoom support article explains it well. I prefer the wired connection approach.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201379235-Sharing-your-iOS-screen-from-the-Zoom-desktop-cl... 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

mropera
Listener

Same thing is happening to me and frankly it's irritating and wasting time.  I have no desire to open the iPad as an additional meeting participant.  For some reason I am also NOT getting the option in the share button/menu.