cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen-sharing: Can I share a specific Chrome window

SeoulPurpose
Listener

In Chrome, if I open a link in a new browser window (or drag a tab into a new window on its own) and choose that specific window to share, is there no way to access other open tabs on MY screen without these tabs appearing to the people I am sharing with? Note: I am only using one screen during these meetings

In other words, can I view other Chrome tabs on my screen while I am sharing a Chrome window I have specifically separated and selected for sharing? Is there any way to do this with one screen? Could this work with two screens? 

Situation: in my meetings, I need to open a link in Chrome and share only that specific tab for a short time, but it would be very helpful to be able to view the other tabs I have open while I am sharing WITHOUT the other parties being able to see this. I need to share my full screen with my participants  (I cannot select only a part of my screen to share) and I need to be able to end my share and switch my participants' screen back to the meeting window without much interruption.

If this can work with 2 screens, would appreciate some help in setting this up.    

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

This can work with 2 screens, you just have to select to the screen you want to share and then do all other things on the second monitor without the participants seeing it. You don't have to do anything as Zoom should detect your screens, the only difference though is that, you will be prompted to select which screen to share when you hit share screen.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Is it possible to do this with one screen?

I'd also like to share one tab in Chrome and be able to look at other tabs or other windows without my activity showing to meeting participants.

Is this doable?