cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen quality

Bahamaqueen
Listener

About 4 days ago, I was in the middle of a zoom meeting when my screen picture began jumping then, just as suddenly, changed color to yellow (I did not have on any background filter).

I logged out of the meeting then rejoined.  The same thing began to happen in about a minute.  I logged off again then rejoined.  The same thing happened.

I thought maybe my camera was at fault, so I logged off zoom and brought my laptop camera up to record a short video.  The picture was fine and the recording went well.  So I knew it wasn't my laptop camera.

I have since tried to connect with zoom support but the links I was given to troubleshoot did not provide the answers I needed.

Has anyone in this community ever experienced this problem before?  I seriously need some resolution because I use zoom meetings every day for several hours and this is interferring with my ability to converse with my clients.  It is also frustrating to me that zoom says my account does not enable me to talk with a "live" person.  What am I supposed to do now? I have a paid account.

10 REPLIES 10

tig199
Listener

It is happening all over.  It started since the last zoom update.

LesiaKohut
Listener

@Bahamaqueen @tig199  Apparently Zoom is aware of it and the bug will be fixed with the next update. The suggestion was to uninstall the latest version and install the previous version of Zoom. The Zoom agent said the next update is coming in the next few days.

Thanks LesiaKohut! I'll try to reinstall last version. This is crazy, but I'm glad I'm not alone

Take care

LMR13
Listener

Same issue here! Paid account and I have individual and multiple clients while using Zoom. Will someone help us?!!

tig199
Listener

If zoom is aware of the issue, it should be posted on their website instead of hidden in a help page and the bad update should be removed immediately.  Not a good business practice.

LMR13
Listener

Totally agree with you!

Mary007
Listener

The first time I noticed this or something similar was yesterday (1.15.23) and again today (1.16.23).  It didn't happen to my feed but two people out of a group of 10 videos started jumping and the band / bar across the top started flashing other participants video image.  I wish I had thought to take a screen shot at the time.....  It isn't happening to everyone so I wonder if those 2 updated their zoom.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Bahamaqueen @Mary007 @LMR13 @tig199 @LesiaKohut looks like this was a known issue and should be fixed in the latest update, suggest Upgrading Zoom to the latest version!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

tig199
Listener

Latest update did not fix the issue as far as I have seen, however, I have found that going into video settings, Advanced, and unclicking optimize video quality with de-noise has worked so far on at least a dozen people I have given the fix to.

Rocky_Mt_Sal
Listener

See also the thread https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Camera-flickering/td-p/90211

It helps us all diagnose if people are precise about which version they were using when the problem appeared or disappeared.  For me the problem appeared under 5.13.2 and disappeared after upgrading to 5.13.6.  Symptoms were intermittent flickering, loss of color, & time lag on my own video feed.