cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Freezing

Reidy1971
Listener

Recently whilst hosting Zoom calls within a minute or so the person I am talking to freezes on my screen but their audio continues.

I record the chats for a Podcast I do and when I play back the recording they are fine and not frozen, its driving me mad as the whole point is interaction on screen and its not working

Please help me solve this!!

12 REPLIES 12

Savpas131_SAP
Listener

Hi @Reidy1971, I think it is a slow internet issue. 

No definitely not as Teams works fine and Zoom was fine until two weeks ago....

JLR10422
Listener

not sure if my comment came through, apologies if repeated...

having the same issue as of the last 2 weeks. not an internet issue because google meets is working just fine.

hard to have sessions when having to minimize and maximize the screen every 30 seconds

cstreet
Listener

Exactly the same problem: In 1-on-1 chats after 20 seconds or so the other person freezes. This is resolved by altering the dimensions of the Zoom app, which is very frustrating!

chiovaldez
Listener

Same problem.  Still can't find solution about this.  What I do is I share screen, to unfreeze the video.

JulieNicolette1
Listener

I have had the same issue since the beginning of August 2021 and have yet to find a solution - not a problem before then

susanklein651
Listener

Did you get an answer? I have the same problem!

cstreet
Listener

Zoom have released update which solves the problem. It was an issue with AMD processors in some PC.

Chris

hi i have the same problem, only i can't do anything in the meeting and i have to clase the application and re-enter, but you know what update it is, because i have an AMD processor

How do I get the update?

Cstreet, What does AMD mean? What do I need to do to get the freezing to stop? Thanks!

ProfeLinda12
Listener

I'm trying to teach and my screen is freezing! Did not happen before! No, I don't have too many programs open. No, I don't have too many students. Yes, I have restarted my computer. Yes, I have updated my Zoom. HELP FAST PLEASE!