cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red flicker on my screen during meetings

Murima
Listener

Hi there,

I have a red flicker on my screen ( it tends to appear on my lips) during video meetings. Any idea how to get rid of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Any chance you have a filter on? In your Zoom Client go to Settings -> Background & Filters -> Video Filters. Change it to None if it isn't already.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

TomO

Hello,

Any chance you have a filter on? In your Zoom Client go to Settings -> Background & Filters -> Video Filters. Change it to None if it isn't already.

It looks like I did have it on. Just changed it to none.. will see how it goes. Thank U very much.

J

TomO

Hi @Murima

Just checking to see if this fixed your issue. If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

Thank you!

I had the same issue and the solution DID NOT SOLVE IT! I use this for my business and it is becoming unusable!

SLCET
Listener

I have the same issue. Red flashes on my video screen. I do NOT have any filters on and it continues. Please help.  I am on zoom about 20 hours a week and this is really distracting.

LewF
Listener

I have it too.  Filters don't work.  Please help makes zoom unusable.

LewF
Listener

Meant that turning filters on or off makes not difference. Have tried. Red flashing is also intermittent.  Last call I was on (a session I was running) was asked to turn off video because so distracting.

hi

LR-BER
Listener

I came by chance on a workaround for this : go on Skype, open the audio and video parameters => solved. Don't ask. I seems Skype is interacting with the video driver in such a way that it prevents it from blinking. This works until the next reboot BTW.

MauiJames
Listener

Nothing works for me. Updated Zoom app on Macbook Pro. Tried all solutions. Don't have Skype app. Nothing works.

MauiJames
Listener

I have the same issue. Macbook M2 no red flash on the Macbook. Connected 27" Apple Studio Display, constant red flash. No red flash on monitor with Facebook or any other app using the camera. Only with Zoom. Anyone fix this yet?

slnn
Listener

I had this red flashing problem using my older Mac monitor with a new MacBook pro, even turning off all the video filters did not work. What DID work is that I found that I had to select "Original ratio" (it's at the top with "HD" and "Mirror my video" checkboxes). So far, this has solved the issue. Someday I'll get a new monitor, but in the meantime I'm OK with not being displayed in widescreen.