cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Meetings

Lanelle1
Listener

When I go to my "Meetings" tab, what comes up are multiple listings for the same meetings. For example, I have a recurring meeting for April Mann, but there are 12 listings with the same meeting ID and password for April Mann. If I try to delete one of them, the whole list of April Mann meetings are deleted. This is true for every recurring meeting I have. How do I get rid of these extra listings?

Lanelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @RGuy -- glad it worked out for you!  I know there are intricacies of the whole user interface that are hard to figure out -- even I have to experiment!!

There should be a teal-colored button "Accept as Solution", if you'd like to mark any of my replies as helpful.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RGuy
Listener

I have just started having the same problem. Has Zoom tweaked the software and inadvertently created this glitch?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Lanelle1 and @RGuy.  Sorry for the delay in receiving a response -- I moved your post from the Contact Center to the Meetings area -- this should help.

I've been using Zoom for 3 years and it's been this way as long as I can remember.  Whether a recurring meeting or webinar shows up in your Zoom client application is dependent on a number of things -- but primarily whether the Recurrence is set to a regular pattern or to "No fixed time".  All regular occurrences are shown in chronological order, and any with "No fixed time" are listed below all the ones with fixed dates.

You might ask why these are shown... the answer is that Zoom shows you all meetings/webinars that you can potentially start.  While you might set up a recurring meeting on Wednesdays at 10am, it's possible to change the date and/or time of an individual occurrence, and Zoom will show the changed entry on your list of meetings.

If you have a number of recurring meetings, yes, your Zoom meeting list can be pretty crowded.  If you'd like to suggest an alternative way of showing recurring meetings, use this Zoom web page to enter a feature request for Zoom's consideration:
https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Lanelle1
Listener

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 4.18.19 AM.png

 Does it look like this? There are 97 occurrences of this same exact recurring meeting. 97.  If I delete one, the whole 97 disappear. I don't think this is normal.

Ray_Harwood

Well, it can look something like that.  97 instances shouldn't occur.  What does it look like in the Zoom Web Portal (https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming)?

I created a test meeting for 50 days, the maximum recurrences:

Ray_Harwood_0-1672681451996.png

In the Windows Zoom Client, it shows up like this:

Ray_Harwood_1-1672681518372.png

On the Zoom Web Portal, however, they do all show up individually.

You might want to submit a Support Ticket for this one, so they can look into your account and see what the issue might be.  In the Zoom Community, we don't have access to your account info.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

RGuy
Listener

Thanks Ray. I went into my calendar settings last night and did something (not sure exactly what did it) so that this morning everything is back to normal. I have a list of my recurring meetings without any being duplicated. Thanks for your help. I see where I can like your post but I don't know how to accept it. Cheers, RGuy

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @RGuy -- glad it worked out for you!  I know there are intricacies of the whole user interface that are hard to figure out -- even I have to experiment!!

There should be a teal-colored button "Accept as Solution", if you'd like to mark any of my replies as helpful.

This problem started with my Zoom recurring meetings with the last update - but only when I try and create NEW recurring meetings.  My old ones are fine.  Please explain to me how I can make a NEW recurring meeting and NOT have it show up in my list of Zoom meetings every time it recurs.  It's super annoying. I'm trying to make it recurring to it DOESN'T need to repeat over and over again. 

Lanelle1
Listener

Ray, I submitted a support ticket and they were able to help me. All fixed now. Thank you!

Lanelle

Ray_Harwood

Excellent!  Do you know what they did to fix it?  I'm curious -- in case I see someone else with the same issue.

Lanelle1
Listener

This is what they suggested I do and it worked.

"I recommend that you update your Zoom application and then schedule a recurring meeting with No Fixed Time via the web portal. Let's check if it will still show multiple times from your Zoom application. "

They showed me how to find the update. Once I set the test meeting on the web portal, I opened the app and everything was as it was supposed to be. 🙂

Lanelle

Ray_Harwood

Thanks, @Lanelle1!

I've heard that set of steps used to correct certain issues... I had no idea that the multiple occurrence display issue might be fixed with that.  Having the latest Zoom client is always a good idea... but apparently that second step tweaks something in the data that "makes everything all better."

Drop into the Zoom Community any time!