cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Meetings all but disappeared in V.6

LnzMrt
Listener

It seems to me that V6, grandly renamed Zoom Workplace, is a less than welcome regression as far as usability is concerned when dealing with recurring meetings.

Recurring meetings are hidden as a tiny afterthought at the bottom of the calendar tab, which, while bad, would not be too awful if Zoom could synchronise with a personal Outlook account.

Additionally, to add insult to injury, you cannot create recurring meetings with a No Fixed Time recurrence from the apps, and the ones that are created from the web show a daily recurrence.

So, I would suggest that

1) You separate again meetings from calendar

2) Fix the No Fixed Time recurrence

I am so peeved at the change that I have been looking for alternatives to use with my students.

Lorenzo

21 REPLIES 21

katb123
Listener

Same complaint here - I only use recurring meetings with no fixed time and this update is frustratingly unusable.

Have you found a way to manage? I have the same issue. I have a lot of recurring meetings at different times?

Espanhol_em_SP
Listener

+1.  I don't kwon why you hide recurring meets

The issue is not about managing recurring meetings, it is about the Zoom UI. I want to open the zoom app and easily see my list of recurring meetings (like before update) and one click to start the meeting.

John52
Listener

Another voice to add to this. I run on 3 meeting rooms for different purposes and the only way I've found to start these meetings is from the zoom.us website. A significant step backwards in usability...

I've just found the recurring meetings at the bottom of the page on the newly titles Zoom Workplace...

Where are my previously schedule meetings located in the latest update?

Found Recurring meetings at bottom of screen lower left.  If I can attach, Here is where they located Recurring Meetings.  When you click on it they open.  If you click the TV Camera pointing to right, you can "Start" meeting.  I also included another person's fix.  Not sure it would work, as we have folks who have attached it to their calendars.  Any one tried it? 

John. Can you send a photo of where you found the tab for   meetings? I had to use my phone today because I couldn’t find it on my laptop. Super frustrating 

bwawsc
Listener

100% agree. In addition, the calendar display shows everything in my Google calendar - mostly not Zoom meetings. Anything not a Zoom meeting should be hidden - at least as an option. And Zoom insists on popping up a notification for all my appointments. I don't mind it reminding me about Zoom meetings, but my calendar already notifies me about everything - I don't need multiple reminders of medical appointments, birthday parties, etc. A reminder of a Zoom meeting makes sense, with a Join button.

PaidUpUser
Listener

Finding Zoom meetings within the Zoom App should be the most basic of features, yet it seems to be an afterthought. I don't need Zoom to manage my calendar, but the fact that the meetings tab doesn't actually list meetings is beyond useless. If anything, there should be more control for users to adjust layout to their needs, not to Zoom's bizarre branding whims.

LnzMrt
Listener

I am so incensed by this idiocy that I am seriously looking at other simpler solutions. I need an app that does meetings.

ZoomUser1234567
Listener

100% agree with everyone. This latest update is horrible. I do all reoccurring meetings and now it is cumbersome to find them. I don't want or need a calendar (I've got that already!). I need (and pay for!) a meetings app. My meetings should be the easiest thing to find. 

How are you dealing with it? I have the same issue? 

PaidUpUser
Listener

Unfortunately, I just paid to renew my annual subscription but will definitely find an alternative platform by next year if this doesn't improve. There are plenty of alternatives available.

PaidUpUser
Listener

My recurring meetings are back the way they should be this morning so hopefully that will be the end of it.

There is a setting on the Zoom website. Settings>Meetings> Merge Meeting and Calendar tabs which can be disabled and might solve the issue for some. In case that helps.

How did you get them back? 

dhughes
Listener

100% agree with previous comments.  All my meeting are recurring meetings and I now find it impossible to start a meeting from the app and must use saved URL links.  Very, very frustrating.

Fixed it:

Sign on via the website.

Goto "My Account" in upper right

Goto "Settings" on the left

Select the "Meeting" tab

Turn off "Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs"

Signout of website and app

Sign back in

mmonhart
Listener

Also agree with previous comments. Some of my recurring meetings have completely disappeared. It is now a multi-step process to access the ones that do appear and to start their meetings. I tried to sync with calendar (which like above I don't myself need to do, I just need to access meetings quickly) but the sync failed. The UI changes make the app much less usable and desirable.