cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording on both ends

jonasvandenbos
Listener

Hey,

we will be doing an interview in the future which will be edited afterwards. Therefore, we would like to record on both ends (main speaker and participant)  in the best possible quality. Is there a way to make a participant record himself continuously? So without the view switching between active speakers? I know we can record the gallery view and spotlight the two, but the quality is considerably lower.

Thanks for any help!

Jonas

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jonasvandenbos, Welcome to the Zoom Community!  I wanted to check in because I see that your discussion has not yet received a response from the community. I'm delighted that you were able to contact our support staff, who were able to provide assistance! i will provide their response in the hopes that it will assist other members with a similar query 🙂

There are various factors that can affect your local or cloud recording, including the number of participants and meeting settings.  You can refer to the table provided for the resolution of your local or cloud recording.

Local recording Cloud recording Resolution of recorded video
  • 2 or more participants
  • Video turned ON
  • Camera HD not enabled
360p (640p x 360p)
  • 1 participant
  • 2 participants
    • Video turned ON
    • Camera HD enabled
    • Participant view in full screen
  • 3 or more participants
    • Group HD enabled
    • Host and any participant view in full screen
  • Gallery View less than 25
720p (1280p x 720p)
  • 1 participant
  • 2 participants
    • Video turned ON
    • Camera HD enabled
    • Participant view in full screen
  • 3 or more participants
    • Group HD enabled
    • Host and any participant view in full screen
  • Gallery View greater than 25
1080p (1920p x 1080p)
  • If a screen is shared, the video resolution will be dependent on the resolution of the largest screen shared.
  • Video will still be sent at a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720p. However, the video will be resized to fill the entire recording frame.
  • If a screen is shared, the video resolution will be dependent on the resolution of the largest screen shared.
  • Video will still be sent at a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720p. However, the video will be resized to fill the entire recording frame.
(*)Dependent on shared screen resolution

(*) If the resolution of the shared screen is higher than the resolution of the camera, then the camera video in the recording will appear with black bars on the side.

Hope this helps! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?