Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording issues

alvisinparker
Listener

Good afternoon,

Everyone,

Today, we're going to talk about Zoom meeting recording and some common issues that users may face. Recording your Zoom meetings can be a valuable tool for keeping a record of your meetings and discussions, but sometimes the process can be challenging.

One issue that some users may encounter is difficulty in starting or stopping the recording of a meeting. If you're having trouble with this, the first thing to check is whether you have the proper permissions to record. If you're not the host of the meeting or have not been granted permission to record, you may not be able to start or stop the recording.

Another issue that can occur is the quality of the recorded video or audio. This may be due to a variety of factors, such as poor internet connection or the use of an incompatible device. If you're experiencing issues with video or audio quality, try moving closer to your router or connecting your device to a stronger Wi-Fi signal.

If you're still having trouble, consider parking the issue by pausing the recording temporarily and discussing it with the host or other participants. They may be able to offer suggestions or troubleshooting tips that can help you resolve the issue.

In addition, it's important to note that Zoom meeting recording may not be suitable for all situations, such as when discussing sensitive or confidential information. It's important to consider the potential risks and benefits of recording a meeting before starting the process.

In conclusion, Zoom meeting recording can be a valuable tool for keeping a record of your meetings and discussions, but it can also present some challenges. By troubleshooting common issues and parking any problems you encounter, you can ensure a smooth and successful recording experience."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Radiomom -
Check your Settings > Recording options:

anissat_0-1677002593854.png

1. If you're recording locally, you can see which drive and folder your Zoom recordings are being saved to, and click to open or change location. You can also click the first checkbox to have Zoom ask you on a meeting-by-meeting basis where you'd like to save the files.
  2. If you're recording to the cloud, you can click to open your cloud recordings collection. (If you want to be notified when a cloud recording is ready, this will give you an option to go to the recording info right after it's been processed.)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Radiomom
Listener

My problem isn't quality, it's that I can't find the video even after it converted.

anissat

Hi @Radiomom -
Check your Settings > Recording options:

anissat_0-1677002593854.png

1. If you're recording locally, you can see which drive and folder your Zoom recordings are being saved to, and click to open or change location. You can also click the first checkbox to have Zoom ask you on a meeting-by-meeting basis where you'd like to save the files.
  2. If you're recording to the cloud, you can click to open your cloud recordings collection. (If you want to be notified when a cloud recording is ready, this will give you an option to go to the recording info right after it's been processed.)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!

Thanks for helping me out 🙂

Thanks for helping me out.After reading your post, I came across a website that you could find interesting for your essay assignment. The website in question is called, and it offers a plethora of management essay samples. here Read Full Report on this website. These examples may be useful in learning about various writing styles, formatting, and content organisation.

at6
Listener

I am not seeing the "change button in part A, only open; I can't change the location.  This is a recent change (since March 2023)

anissat

Can you provide a screenshot so we can better understand what is going on? Also, have you updated your Zoom app recently (v. 5.14.2 as of 4/5/23)?

WhiteHouseDesk
Listener

Good morning.   Im using zoom more and more.  However I was at a town meeting last night were I was present, but not on zoom.   The town however was zooming the meeting.  I have the meeting number and passcode.  Is there a way can search somewhere and find the recording of that meeting and capture it.  they record all their meetings   Thanks